2018 NFL Offseason Thread

I disagree. He's powerful, but not much more than a good power back.

I think you are right that he is just a power back, but that can be a valuable role for a team like this. I'd say he's better than just good. How many power backs have 3,300 rush yards and 24 rush TD's in the last 3 years? Blount = 2,300 and 25 (18 one year with the Pats). Ajayi = 2,329 and 12.

Howard is the best power back in the league, right?

I think you are right that he is just a power back, but that can be a valuable role for a team like this. I'd say he's better than just good. How many power backs have 3,300 rush yards and 24 rush TD's in the last 3 years? Blount = 2,300 and 25 (18 one year with the Pats). Ajayi = 2,329 and 12.

Actually over the last 3 seasons the only backs (by any description) with more yards than Howard are Elliott and Gurley. He's 6th in rushing TD's over that span.

Guys like Zeke, Gurley and Barkley all have just as much power and can do much more. In terms of the more one-dimensional guys, Howard has the best stats over 3 years but I think James Conner and Adrian Peterson are both slightly better. I'm not a Derrick Henry believer.

Actually over the last 3 seasons the only backs (by any description) with more yards than Howard are Elliott and Gurley. He's 6th in rushing TD's over that span.

Most of the best backs haven't played those 3 full seasons, though. Bell sat out, David Johnson and Devonta Freeman got hurt, Barkley, McCaffrey, Mixon, Kamara, Hunt are all too young, Melvin Gordon had a terrible line until this year. Then there's the Dalvin Cook/Chubb/Conner/AP/Ingram/Fournette/McCoy group, and I'd take the majority of them over Howard too, plus Gurley and Elliott. That puts him in the middle of the pack.

Most of the best backs haven't played those 3 full seasons, though. Bell sat out, David Johnson and Devonta Freeman got hurt, Barkley, McCaffrey, Mixon, Kamara, Hunt are all too young, Melvin Gordon had a terrible line until this year. Then there's the Dalvin Cook/Chubb/Conner/AP/Ingram/Fournette/McCoy group, and I'd take the majority of them over Howard too, plus Gurley and Elliott. That puts him in the middle of the pack.

What I posted wasn't trying to address any of that...merely fleshing out the stats proffered by Huff. Now that you've brought up the argument he may have something to add.

Guys like Zeke, Gurley and Barkley all have just as much power and can do much more. In terms of the more one-dimensional guys, Howard has the best stats over 3 years but I think James Conner and Adrian Peterson are both slightly better. I'm not a Derrick Henry believer.

I was just talking about one dimensional guys.

So Trubisky is a pro bowl replacement...over Matt Ryan and Russell Wilson...IDK how (big market = votes?) but congrats to the kid. I'm also surprised Watson is in over Big Ben and Mayfield (big market again?). 3 sophomore QB's in the pro bowl.

So Trubisky is a pro bowl replacement...over Matt Ryan and Russell Wilson...IDK how (big market = votes?) but congrats to the kid. I'm also surprised Watson is in over Big Ben and Mayfield (big market again?). 3 sophomore QB's in the pro bowl.
I wish they would just name players to the thing and have the game played as a Madden tournament instead of the joke that it actually is. Let the video gamers get the same check the actual players would get.

VN Store

Back