2018 NFL Offseason Thread

To move up one spot for a team that wasn’t going to take Trubisky?

Even if you like Trubisky it was a dumb ass trade. They were bidding against no one.

Get a franchise QB? Worth it. What San Francisco wanted is irrelevant. The chance that SOMEONE ELSE would trade up to that spot was a risk he didn’t want to take. Only mulligan Pace needs is to get Robbie Gould back.

Get a franchise QB? Worth it. What San Francisco wanted is irrelevant. The chance that SOMEONE ELSE would trade up to that spot was a risk he didn’t want to take. Only mulligan Pace needs is to get Robbie Gould back.

And you know, draft Mahomes or Watson instead of Trubisky lol

Not true and I got plenty of facts of Matt Stafford being excellent in late game situations.

End result...zilch in the postseason. Choke. If Trubisky matches that failure, I won’t argue that he didn’t.

End result...zilch in the postseason. Choke. If Trubisky matches that failure, I won’t argue that he didn’t.

That’s not the definition of choke. I don’t think you know what “choke” actually means. Choking is missing a 41 yard field goal to win a postseason game. Choking is not you individually playing well while the rest of your team and coaching staff sucks

If GM’s had time machines like us. Bet Matt Millen would have killed for one. 😉

It was obvious (at least to me) Watson was going to better than Trubisky. If Ryan Pace could change that pick right now he’d do it in .5 seconds. He screwed up that pick.

That’s not the definition of choke. I don’t think you know what “choke” actually means. Choking is missing a 41 yard field goal to win a postseason game. Choking is not you individually playing well while the rest of your team and coaching staff sucks
Falling short...choke. Game ending interception...choke. Farting and falling down in front of the Cowboys...choke. No love for Parkey, but the field goal was BLOCKED. Not sure if you were trying to pin that on our QB?

It was obvious (at least to me) Watson was going to better than Trubisky. If Ryan Pace could change that pick right now he’d do it in .5 seconds. He screwed up that pick.

Watson? I doubt it. Mahomes no doubt. Watson’s been a mixed bag and choked away a playoff spot. Don’t want no chokers on my Bears! 😎

LMAO oh my god you’d rather have Trubisky over Watson okay obviously you aren’t dealing with reality so imma stop this conversation. Oh my god Trubisky over Watson HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

LMAO oh my god you’d rather have Trubisky over Watson okay obviously you aren’t dealing with reality so imma stop this conversation. Oh my god Trubisky over Watson HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
It’s been a long night for you. 😉 Gotta say from interactions with Lions fans on here and Twitter and other forums that for a hopeless despondent team with a train wreck HC and choking QB and bad drinking water mired in the bottom of the division for the near future, that you’re overly concerned with our roster choices. 12 wins and I like Trubisky potentially getting better and better with Nagy. Revisionist drafting I’d take Mahomes but not Watson. My opinion. Hope you can deal and then prepare yourself for your own team’s drawn out mess.

It’s been a long night for you. 😉 Gotta say from interactions with Lions fans on here and Twitter and other forums that for a hopeless despondent team with a train wreck HC and choking QB and bad drinking water mired in the bottom of the division for the near future, that you’re overly concerned with our roster choices. 12 wins and I like Trubisky potentially getting better and better with Nagy. Revisionist drafting I’d take Mahomes but not Watson. My opinion. Hope you can deal and then prepare yourself for your own team’s drawn out mess.

Literally NO ONE (besides you apparently) would take Trubisky over Watson.

In 3 less games, Watson has FOURTEEN more TDs and TWO less interceptions.

103.1 QB rating compared to 87.7.

2.9% HIGHER completion %

And for not wanting choker's, you good with Parkey lol

Literally NO ONE (besides you apparently) would take Trubisky over Watson.

In 3 less games, Watson has FOURTEEN more TDs and TWO less interceptions.

103.1 QB rating compared to 87.7.

2.9% HIGHER completion %

And for not wanting choker's, you good with Parkey lol
Where did I say I was good with Parkey? Do you need me for this conversation? If I’m the only one that sees more promise in Trubisky long term, then the problem has resolved itself before it even became a problem. Boring world when we all agree with each other. Numbers are good stuff. We got two years of em. Guess no one gets better (or worse) from here? 😎

They were both top 3, gave up like 1 yard more per game, and were within 0.1-0.2 points allowed per game. I’ll say close enough, but no way to really say for certain.

The NFL changes quite a bit (like offensive-friendly rules since 2014), so I'm not sure raw number comparisons are very helpful. I think it's better to compare how they rank among their peers.

In addition to being 1st in points and 3rd in yards surrendered, the Bears D also led the NFL in rush yards and TD's surrendered, INT's, TO%, and defensive TD's. 2014 Lions were good in 6 of those 7 statistical categories, but they were only 1st in one of them. The Lions had a great D. This was an historically elite Bears D.

Last edited:
You do know the Bears didn’t have a first round bye? As for the running backs, Howard finished just short of a 1000 yards and Tarik Cohen had only 13 more rushing yards than Trubisky...he was more deadly as a receiver.

Yeah, that was kind of my point.

What are you saying about Howard and Cohen? That they're not one of the top RB tandems in the NFL?

Yeah, that was kind of my point.

What are you saying about Howard and Cohen? That they're not one of the top RB tandems in the NFL?
Rushing yards wise...yeah. I think it’s why Nagy is broaching the Kareem Hunt subject. He’s a perfect back for this offense...Howard isn’t. Cohen is brilliant as a change of pace and even moreso as a receiving back. Back to the first round bye thing? It sounded like you implied (or plainly stated) that they had one. Just more of me not understanding your subtle genius, prolly. 😉

Rushing yards wise...yeah. I think it’s why Nagy is broaching the Kareem Hunt subject. He’s a perfect back for this offense...Howard isn’t. Cohen is brilliant as a change of pace and even moreso as a receiving back.
butchna....as a Bears fan, how do you fell about the Hunt possibility?

butchna....as a Bears fan, how do you fell about the Hunt possibility?
I’m good with it. Especially after watching the video. He should have walked away so the punishment of missing out on a possible Super Bowl is suitable. The woke NFL will add some games to the total for any team that picks him up but if Joe Mixon is playing, this kid definitely should be. Perfect fit for Nagy, or Philly or...?

Reactions: peaygolf
Rushing yards wise...yeah. I think it’s why Nagy is broaching the Kareem Hunt subject. He’s a perfect back for this offense...Howard isn’t. Cohen is brilliant as a change of pace and even moreso as a receiving back. Back to the first round bye thing? It sounded like you implied (or plainly stated) that they had one. Just more of me not understanding your subtle genius, prolly. 😉

Damn, should have kept the picks (Kamara was drafted with one of them). ; )

Howard is great. Don't be fooled by his low YPC. He was getting carries in lots of situations where the other team knew he was getting the ball. A team like yours needs a workhorse back like him to close games. I think he's a great fit. I agree Hunt would be better than him all around, but I'd take Howard + Cohen over Hunt.

Howard is great. Don't be fooled by his low YPC. He was getting carries in lots of situations where the other team knew he was getting the ball. A team like yours needs a workhorse back like him to close games. I think he's a great fit. I agree Hunt would be better than him all around, but I'd take Howard + Cohen over Hunt.
Loved Howard in the previous offense...just not the previous offense itself. Kamara in that offense ain’t what we’re seeing in Payton’s so THAT 3rd round pick was worth a franchise QB. Who’s the “workhorse back” for the Chiefs? We’re watching different games...per usual. 😉

The NFL changes quite a bit (like offensive-friendly rules since 2014), so I'm not sure raw number comparisons are very helpful. I think it's better to compare how they rank among their peers.

In addition to being 1st in points and 3rd in yards surrendered, the Bears D also led the NFL in rush yards and TD's surrendered, INT's, TO%, and defensive TD's. 2014 Lions were good in 6 of those 7 statistical categories, but they were only 1st in one of them. The Lions had a great D. This was an historically elite Bears D.

Still don't believe Stafford wins the SB or whatever hypothesis you and Z are debating regarding him and the Bears D. He has a losing record over 10 years. No division titles - every other NFC North team has won it at least twice since he entered the NFL (including Jay Cutler). Zero playoff wins. Gets worse when he goes outside, in the cold. This isn't me arguing that Trubisky is better - Trubisky has a long way to go, granted, but I'm not a believer in Stafford.

Reactions: butchna
Still don't believe Stafford wins the SB or whatever hypothesis you and Z are debating regarding him and the Bears D. He has a losing record over 10 years. No division titles - every other NFC North team has won it at least twice since he entered the NFL (including Jay Cutler). Zero playoff wins. Gets worse when he goes outside, in the cold. This isn't me arguing that Trubisky is better - Trubisky has a long way to go, granted, but I'm not a believer in Stafford.

No matter what dome QB we're talking about, they do worse outdoors. It's just the nature of the beast. Bill Simmons was just talking about this on his gambling podcast. About 45% of outdoor QB's win in the playoffs on the road outdoors, and something like 20% of dome QB's win outdoors on the road. It's not a Stafford thing. It's an NFL thing. Old man Peyton got better at winning outdoors when he was an outdoor QB.

I agree Stafford's history is proof that he is not good enough to carry an offense to a SB, but I think he could manage a great all-around team to a SB.

Last edited:

I disagree. He's powerful, but not much more than a good power back.

VN Store

Back