2018 NFL Offseason Thread

Stafford had a pretty incredible season at age 23 (5k and 41). Trubisky is 24. We've seen so many guys who looked good early and then never improved, or even got worse, once there was lots of film on them. Trubisky is a long way from proven. In 5 years, he could be a regular pro bowler or washed out, and neither would surprise me.

Stafford had a pretty incredible season at age 23 (5k and 41). Trubisky is 24. We've seen so many guys who looked good early and then never improved, or even got worse, once there was lots of film on them. Trubisky is a long way from proven. In 5 years, he could be a regular pro bowler or washed out, and neither would surprise me.
It’s always boiled down to IF he ends up a franchise QB, then two third rounders and a fourth was a cheap price. Glad we finally got there! 😎

+ mahomes + picks they could have had.
Revisionist fantasy football. Giants gave away picks and Phil Rivers to get Eli Manning. Most would give the nod to Rivers as the superior QB. Two Super Bowl wins and 15+ seasons as a franchise QB later. No one in NY is committing suicide over the choice. Two thirds and a fourth is cheap. Two firsts for a generational player in Mack...even cheaper. You’d have to be a Bears fan to understand the franchise QB thing.

It really doesn't take great QB play to earn a bye week and go deep in the playoffs with a D and running backs like they have.

No doubt. Top 3 defense in 2014. Still couldn’t get a playoff win. I must have misunderstood what you were trying to convey about Stafford.

Revisionist fantasy football. Giants gave away picks and Phil Rivers to get Eli Manning. Most would give the nod to Rivers as the superior QB. Two Super Bowl wins and 15+ seasons as a franchise QB later. No one in NY is committing suicide over the choice. Two thirds and a fourth is cheap. Two firsts for a generational player in Mack...even cheaper. You’d have to be a Bears fan to understand the franchise QB thing.

To move up one spot for a team that wasn’t going to take Trubisky?

Even if you like Trubisky it was a dumb ass trade. They were bidding against no one.

Reactions: n_huffhines
No running game and do you think their D was as good as the Bears?
You do know the Bears didn’t have a first round bye? As for the running backs, Howard finished just short of a 1000 yards and Tarik Cohen had only 13 more rushing yards than Trubisky...he was more deadly as a receiver.

They were both top 3, gave up like 1 yard more per game, and were within 0.1-0.2 points allowed per game. I’ll say close enough, but no way to really say for certain.

Yeah they also went 11-5 that year, had to go on the road, had Jim Caldwell as his OC and got screwed by the officials. Anyone blaming Stafford for lack of playoff success doesn’t understand how badly mismanaged this franchise has been.

Yeah they also went 11-5 that year, had to go on the road, had Jim Caldwell as his OC and got screwed by the officials. Anyone blaming Stafford for lack of playoff success doesn’t understand how badly mismanaged this franchise has been.

He tends to choke. Is what it is.

VN Store

Back