2018-2019 NBA Season Thread (Do you remember Detlef Schrempf edition)

Philly has nobody that can even try and guard Kyrie. That’s a big concern. I don’t trust their perimeter defense

Reactions: BadJerry20
Presti has done a great job reloading. The George trade was awesome, getting Grant and drafting Fergy. Schroeder trade was bloody brilliant.

I think Silver doesn’t want Hinkie running a team.

It’s funny, not like Hinkie invented tanking. Presti did the same thing (just better). Hinkie just didn’t care if they won’t 12 games or 20 games lol. And who does care? Get those draft odds.

He basically turned Reggie, Serge, a first which became Korkmaz and a second round pick into PG, Grant and Schroeder. That's amazing.

I hate tanking, but if you are going to do it go all in. Lol

I think it will be a mess for them. Is Harris really gonna be a get in the corner, you’re the fourth option guy? Too many chefs, IMO. And never mind Butler inevitably complaining about their effort.

I think Harris will be ok with it for now, just because he doesn't seem like a whiner but it drastically lowers their chances of re-signing him. IMO No way he doesn't want to be at least the second option on a team. Again IMO

I do think people are pumping them up a little too much. Toronto with Gasol, Boston and The Bucks (depending on how Miro fits) are all problems.

Butler is the wildcard but if last night was any indication how things are gonna work out, Harris will be happy, IMO. He only took 3 3's and 9 2pt fga's, so maybe he won't be relegated to corner 3's.

It was 1 game against a team that just got rolled by the Pistons 5 days ago, that was missing 2 of their 4 best defenders.

I think Harris will be ok with it for now, just because he doesn't seem like a whiner but it drastically lowers their chances of re-signing him. IMO No way he doesn't want to be at least the second option on a team. Again IMO

I do think people are pumping them up a little too much. Toronto with Gasol, Boston and The Bucks (depending on how Miro fits) are all problems.

IDK how much better the Raptors got. Delon Wright is such a good player when you're matching up against a lineup of death. Gasol is a better player than JV, and the disparity grows in the playoffs, but some of that value gained is diminished with the loss of Wright.

I think the 76ers got a lot better. I think they now have more of an all star team vibe, and guys are going to be less concerned about touches.

Reactions: LittleCat
IDK how much better the Raptors got. Delon Wright is such a good player when you're matching up against a lineup of death. Gasol is a better player than JV, and the disparity grows in the playoffs, but some of that value gained is diminished with the loss of Wright.

I think the 76ers got a lot better. I think they now have more of an all star team vibe, and guys are going to be less concerned about touches.

Wright is solid but his shooting is down this year, and Powell has been shooting it well. Losing Wright hurts some, though IMO less than you think as they will just play FVV and Powell a few more minutes. Gasol is way more valuable than J-Val dude can only play like 5 minute spurts, a second round matchup VS Philly is a real possibility so having him to defend Embiid is important, cause Philly isn't going small. But who knows until they play, hopefully Gasol plays today so I can have that one game sample size to declare if it's going to work or not. ;)

Wright is solid but his shooting is down this year, and Powell has been shooting it well. Losing Wright hurts some, though IMO less than you think as they will just play FVV and Powell a few more minutes. Gasol is way more valuable than J-Val dude can only play like 5 minute spurts, a second round matchup VS Philly is a real possibility so having him to defend Embiid is important, cause Philly isn't going small. But who knows until they play, hopefully Gasol plays today so I can have that one game sample size to declare if it's going to work or not. ;)

I'm not basing it off one game. It's what I thought before the game and I'm not saying I'm certain it will work. Good point about Gasol vs. Embiid

Lebron looked off today. I get that Kuzma was really feeling it, but even Ingram and Javale outscored him. Not why they lost though. The Lakers bench thoroughly sucked. Not taking anything away from the 76ers though. Everyone was efficient (outside Simmons who just can't shoot at all sometimes) and they play well together.

Reactions: BadJerry20
Presti has done a great job reloading. The George trade was awesome, getting Grant and drafting Fergy. Schroeder trade was bloody brilliant.

I think Silver doesn’t want Hinkie running a team.

It’s funny, not like Hinkie invented tanking. Presti did the same thing (just better). Hinkie just didn’t care if they won’t 12 games or 20 games lol. And who does care? Get those draft odds.

Hinkies plan wasn’t strictly a tanking plan.... it was a plan to gather as many assets as possible to be able to try for a championship when the time is right..... Philadelphia fans love him and he is the main reason we are in the position we are in right now.... I wish management had stayed out of it let him utilize his plan to the end.

Hinkies plan wasn’t strictly a tanking plan.... it was a plan to gather as many assets as possible to be able to try for a championship when the time is right..... Philadelphia fans love him and he is the main reason we are in the position we are in right now.... I wish management had stayed out of it let him utilize his plan to the end.

Of course he was trying to gather assets. Which team isn't trying to gather assets?

Lebron looked off today. I get that Kuzma was really feeling it, but even Ingram and Javale outscored him. Not why they lost though. The Lakers bench thoroughly sucked. Not taking anything away from the 76ers though. Everyone was efficient (outside Simmons who just can't shoot at all sometimes) and they play well together.

I think getting older is finally catching up to him. The last couple years he has picked spots to really D up, dogging it a little overall. This year he'd doing it on O more. Just my take from the few times I've watched. Plus I think he just doesn't really want to play with these guys.

Of course he was trying to gather assets. Which team isn't trying to gather assets?

Not the same thing.... he was gathering assets to obtain stars..... typically poor run franchises overpay for average/slightly above average players in the name of competing and end up like the knicks, Kings, the old 76ers..... it’s a rut the majority of franchises fall into bc all the players want to play for a select few locations or a team that is built and they feel they can win with.

Not the same thing.... he was gathering assets to obtain stars..... typically poor run franchises overpay for average/slightly above average players in the name of competing and end up like the knicks, Kings, the old 76ers..... it’s a rut the majority of franchises fall into bc all the players want to play for a select few locations or a team that is built and they feel they can win with.

Who isn't gathering assets to gain stars? Those teams are doing that. The Kings are primed for the future now. You can overpay as long as the asset is moveable. Look at the Mavs. They overpaid for DJ, Matthews, and Barnes and now they have two of the best young players in the league, and cap room.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back