2018-2019 NBA Season Thread (Do you remember Detlef Schrempf edition)

Or maybe that comment factored in to the Jazz taking a stand. Even Gobert said he has been bothered in the past by disrespectful things fans have said towards opposing players, and agreed with Russ "fans have too much leeway" comment. If Gobert is taking Russ side there is probably and issue, they aren't the friendliest guys with each other. Lol

Or maybe that comment factored in to the Jazz taking a stand. Even Gobert said he has been bothered in the past by disrespectful things fans have said towards opposing players, and agreed with Russ "fans have too much leeway" comment. If Gobert is taking Russ side there is probably and issue, they aren't the friendliest guys with each other. Lol

So do you agree with his asinine statement or are you arguing just to argue?

Weird that other players want more protection from heckling and think fans get away with too much. I would have thought OKC are the only guys that don't want to be taunted. Show me one thing Utah fans do that other fans don't do. You think fans in Philly, NY, and Boston aren't outright yelling "suck my ****"?

So do you agree with his asinine statement or are you arguing just to argue?

Weird that other players want more protection from heckling and think fans get away with too much. I would have thought OKC are the only guys that don't want to be taunted. Show me one thing Utah fans do that other fans don't do. You think fans in Philly, NY, and Boston aren't outright yelling "suck my ****"?

Weird that Russ has never threatened to beat up a fan in Philly, N.Y., or Boston, weird that Russ has never complained publicly about another fan base in particular but yours. I get it you are a Jazz fan and don't like Russ. If your own player is saying there is an issue, there is probably an issue, or I suppose Russ and Gobert could secretly be besties.

Here's the thing Russ is a hot head, and overreacts, but name me one other player that has had a fan grab them or had a fan come on the court and bump them from behind and then scream in their face, or had someone flip them off from 2 feet away while screaming **** you. I mean at some point enough is enough.

Edit: I was wrong the guy didn't bump him from behind, the point remains.

Last edited:
Weird that Russ has never threatened to beat up a fan in Philly, N.Y., or Boston, weird that Russ has never complained publicly about another fan base in particular but yours. I get it you are a Jazz fan and don't like Russ. If your own player is saying there is an issue, there is probably an issue, or I suppose Russ and Gobert could secretly be besties.

He has problems everywhere (and in most cases he behaves well). I think it's Denver where he had to push a guy out of his way on the floor, but nice manufactured narrative about Utah being some special exception.

I don't hate Russ. I hate very few players. I often end up liking guys i hated.

So he's never threatened to beat up a fan on any other team, or publicly complained about a fan base except Utah. Got it. He does look pretty thuggish singing and dancing though.

I think the point is Russ seems to play to the crowd as a heel so he shouldn’t be surprised when he’s treated as one. Both he and the fans have responsibilities.

But I have been critical of Russ in this conversation, No? I've just pointed out he has more issues with Jazz fans than any other, even though he engages with every fan base. I guess they should narc on each other more. And I agree.

But I have been critical of Russ in this conversation, No? I've just pointed out he has more issues with Jazz fans than any other, even though he engages with every fan base. I guess they should narc on each other more. And I agree.

You have. My point was more aimed at him having problems at several road locations.

Reactions: BadJerry20
I was really hoping the rumor that he was brothers with the NFL was real and was hoping he played for The Jags. Lol

VN Store

Back