2018-2019 NBA Season Thread (Do you remember Detlef Schrempf edition)

I know AD is one of the best players in the league and all but he seems too injury prone to do all that for, right? Or is it just a misconception on my part?

I think it's a matter of the Lakers being desperate to capitalize on Lebron while he's still good. If you're assessing risk/reward, the risk of giving up all those pieces is that AD gets hurt and you go from being the 7th best team (or whatever) to being the 15th best team (or whatever), and I think the Lakers view those as virtually the same situation. At least AD gives you a chance to be the best team.

On the Ringer podcast they were asking who wouldn't you trade (straight up) for AD? IIRC, the only names they came up with were Giannis and Luka.

Reactions: Notorious B.E.N
Straight up I wouldn't trade AD for a tooooooon of players. AD can't stay healthy. Every game he leaves with a twisted ankle or messed up pinky finger. Dude made of glass so far.

The most he's ever missed is 21 games. He played 159 games the last 2 years. I don't think it's that big of a concern. I imagine he'd tough out those minor injuries in the playoffs.

I would hate the media if I were a player. KD acted up, but he has a point. It's all a charade. They don't care about asking him about the game. Yeah, they need a little fluffy quote to put in an article for the local paper, but nobody gives a **** about this stuff. Players have to do these post game interviews. KD's probably done 800 of them. They are never interesting, unless the media is able to provoke a player into saying something controversial.

Lol they beat The Spurs backups by 40. What questions were they supposed to ask about the game? "How did it feel kicking the **** out of Davis Bertans and Lonnie Walker?"

Why would the Lakers trade Zubac for Muscala? Zubac is a nice piece in a trade for AD in the off season.

Exactly. It's a farce

He cried that OKC shielded him from media, and he wanted to answer all questions. He had no problem answering these questions 1 million times in OKC.

IMO his problem is media treats him differently now, they no longer coddle him and he doesn't know how to handle it. JMO FMO

VN Store

Back