2018-2019 NBA Season Thread (Do you remember Detlef Schrempf edition)

Nice, I don't know why they didn't do this years ago. So silly to make a guy go to college for a year, also silly to mess up a kids NBA dream that tried and didn't get drafted.

This is awesome. What kind of impact will this have on Kentucky and Duke?

I can't read the article ATM, but does this mean they would be drafted by an NBA team, then play in the G League? Or play, then get drafted?
I don’t think we know for sure at this moment.

To me, the only way this works is if an NBA team has an interest in Prospect X being developed in the G League. If they play in the g league for a year then become draftable then it kind of loses the luster.

Still better than waking up for Literature 101 every Monday and Wednesday just so you can play basketball.

Reactions: BadJerry20
So Bari left Milwaukee partially because of playing time, Lauri is out for the year, Valentine is out tonight, and he's still not starting. Lol

So I watched Suns/Mavs some last night between the baseball game and I still have nothing that show me Luka is gonna be able to beat defenders off the dribble in the NBA. He looks slow 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

So I watched Suns/Mavs some last night between the baseball game and I still have nothing that show me Luka is gonna be able to beat defenders off the dribble in the NBA. He looks slow 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

His quickness is an issue, but you don't have to be faster than your man to beat him. He's a big boy, so he just needs an angle and with a guy like Deandre setting screens, I think he'll be OK. The thing that makes him a safe pick is he should be good off the ball, whether or not he can run point regularly.

I did come away from that game feeling very bad about Dallas, though. They have no bench whatsoever.

His quickness is an issue, but you don't have to be faster than your man to beat him. He's a big boy, so he just needs an angle and with a guy like Deandre setting screens, I think he'll be OK. The thing that makes him a safe pick is he should be good off the ball, whether or not he can run point regularly.

I did come away from that game feeling very bad about Dallas, though. They have no bench whatsoever.

I think he will be a good player but in order for him to be an all star he’s got to improve that area. He’s also 19 so plenty of room to grow.

Josh Hart is so good. Trading him was easily the biggest mistake the Jazz have made the last few years, even if Tony Bradley turns out to be a good player.

So Bari left Milwaukee partially because of playing time, Lauri is out for the year, Valentine is out tonight, and he's still not starting. Lol

I forgot to post this on here, but this is my HS friend's little brother. I used to throw him around when he was a toddler and now he's old enough to be friends with NBA players and have music videos and ****. Damn, I'm old.

Reactions: BadJerry20
Kat and Wiggins combine for 34 points on 31 shots 38 if you add FTs. Jimmy 33 pts on 12 shots 24 with FTs, hits a dagger late and makes a couple key defensive plays, goes from getting booed by fans to chants of MVP. Lol

Reactions: n_huffhines
****ing Jerebko

Mitchell's shot selection was so bad. He was our 2nd worst player tonight

Kat and Wiggins combine for 34 points on 31 shots 38 if you add FTs. Jimmy 33 pts on 12 shots 24 with FTs, hits a dagger late and makes a couple key defensive plays, goes from getting booed by fans to chants of MVP. Lol
He went off but i really didn’t hear many boos when he was introduced. On the plus side, KAT got 4 blocks last night and the team looked good.

He went off but i really didn’t hear many boos when he was introduced. On the plus side, KAT got 4 blocks last night and the team looked good.

I heard half booing and half cheering. It's been ADs since All Star break last year, but Jimmy winning MVP would be beyond hilarious to me. I hope his acceptance speech would be, "These guys are still mentally bums, **** all of you *****es, I'm out."

My thoughts:

1. Lakers are gonna be fun to watch, but until they get some shooting, will look no better than a backyard basketball game.

2. Butler isn't wrong. KAT and Wiggins need to step crap up. Two insanely talented players giving lazy effort. KAT disappeared in the playoffs. Minnesota could be contenders if those guys learned to give a solid effort every night.

3. However, Butler is also speaking out both sides of his face. He can't say what it's really about, because he doesn't know what its' really about.

4. Phoenix is gonna be a good basketball team in the next few years. Booker is a stud, and Ayton is solid as well.

5. The conference disparity is just sickening. No conferences, best 16 teams in playoffs, have at it.

6. Zion Williamson should just start looking at houses in Atlanta now. Pretty sure they're going to be the #1 pick, unless there's some sort of trade situation I don't know about.

7. Kawhi is the freaking man. Goodness, I'd love to have him in L.A. Give me LeBron/Leonard, or LeBron/Butler, and I'm in hog heaven.

8. Still not sure why the Memphis Grizzlies haven't blown it all up yet. Probably because they know this is as good as it's gonna get, and a rebuild is gonna be near impossible.

1. **** the Lakers

2. **** Kat and Wiggins

3. Butler is your, KAT and Wiggins daddy.

4. Booker is Melo2.0 Phoenix will always suck, Ayton is gonna be good though.

5. Facts

6. **** Atlanta

7. KL is kind of a little ***** with a creepy ass laugh. Still **** The Lakers

8. **** Memphis and their stupid fans on here, especially the ****boy 95

VN Store

Back