2012 article calls Butch Jones a fraud.

This has been posted here many times in the past... I am not happy with Butch either but rehashing this now is the equivalent of overkill or just piling on. You wouldn't have posted this if Tennessee had beaten South Carolina and Vanderbilt.

Reactions: 2 people
This has been posted here many times in the past... I am not happy with Butch either but rehashing this now is the equivalent of overkill or just piling on. You wouldn't have posted this if Tennessee had beaten South Carolina and Vanderbilt.

Funny after Hurd left people had no problem bringing up his mothers arrest record. But we cant revist an article full of truths?

Reactions: 3 people
No coach would be committed to Cincinnati if a job like UT came open. Sour grapes

Article is even funnier since they replaced him with Tuberville

And the Western Michigan beat writer should do the same when PJ Fleck goes off to Oregon or Houston or wherever. SSDD. Same s--- different day.

Reactions: 1 person
The article explained it. Crappy stadium that they could not fill. Why would somebody want to upgrade from that ? Butt hurt is correct

No coach would be committed to Cincinnati if a job like UT came open. Sour grapes

Article is even funnier since they replaced him with Tuberville

I think your missing the point - he's not whining about him leaving for Tennessee - he says "greener grass, ok fine". He gets that Tennessee is a better job, his frustration is all the Butchisms, the "I wish I was from the state of Tennessee" corny crap that he spews here.

The guy is basically saying Kelly and Dantonio were like "thanks Cincinnati, I appreciated it but I'm taking a better job" - While Butch did his whole "character, integrity, resilient" BS acting like he was all in on Cincy, and he had a foot out of the door there before anyone did.

I am with the author on this, When Butch says "Tennessee is my dream job", that is utter BS. He would of said the same about Colorado, Wisconsin, or any other program dumb enough to hire this clown.

So does almost every coach. Would love to read what he wrote about the tubs hire though

I think your missing the point - he's not whining about him leaving for Tennessee - he says "greener grass, ok fine". He gets that Tennessee is a better job, his frustration is all the Butchisms, the "I wish I was from the state of Tennessee" corny crap that he spews here.

The guy is basically saying Kelly and Dantonio were like "thanks Cincinnati, I appreciated it but I'm taking a better job" - While Butch did his whole "character, integrity, resilient" BS acting like he was all in on Cincy, and he had a foot out of the door there before anyone did.

I am with the author on this, When Butch says "Tennessee is my dream job", that is utter BS. He would of said the same about Colorado, Wisconsin, or any other program dumb enough to hire this clown.

Would his coach-speak bother you this much if Tennessee had beaten South Carolina and Vanderbilt and was getting ready to play in the SEC Championship Game with a 10-2 record? I didn't think so. This thread was rehashed because of disappointment over the 2nd half of this season. The disappointment is justified. The things mentioned in this 4 year old column have nothing to do with why anyone is upset with him right now, though. It's wins and losses not his rhetoric.

I do agree with him.. That pretty much sums up Lyle..

An no.. No one would care about his silly cliches and coach speak if he were winning. No one ever accused Nick Saban of being a really nice guy. Doesn't matter, players respect him and play their asses off for him. Basically because if they didn't they'd get fired.

Reactions: 1 person
Would his coach-speak bother you this much if Tennessee had beaten South Carolina and Vanderbilt and was getting ready to play in the SEC Championship Game with a 10-2 record? I didn't think so. This thread was rehashed because of disappointment over the 2nd half of this season. The disappointment is justified. The things mentioned in this 4 year old column have nothing to do with why anyone is upset with him right now, though. It's wins and losses not his rhetoric.

Yeah it would bother me. I can't stand this guy and his antics. I think it's embarrassing that he's our football coach.

But I agree with you though, wins cover a multitude of sins - however, with this guy I'm not sure why people think there will be more wins than this. He is right on pace with the same record he had at the previous schools.

Part of the reason why the cliches and sappy commentary about his love for wherever he is results from the fact that this vapid mentality is the same type of coaching he displays, one devoid of substance.

Pretty sure its accurate.

Kind of ironic it mentions the Belk Bowl as well...

I wish I knew how to use the search feature to go find this thread from 2012. It would be funny to go back and read it 4 years later.

Yeah it would bother me. I can't stand this guy and his antics. I think it's embarrassing that he's our football coach.

But I agree with you though, wins cover a multitude of sins - however, with this guy I'm not sure why people think there will be more wins than this. He is right on pace with the same record he had at the previous schools.

This is about how I feel. I can't stand listening to him but I could overlook his press conferences to focus on the record.

VN Store

Back