2010 Elite 100

Brandon Willis looks like a Monte type of DT. He's only 260 and will probably add more weight but he's light and fast. Definitely one to look for...

i also like the fact there's a couple of good looking OT's with TN listed.

Last edited:
Funny how Heaps is ranked #50, but on Scout he's #1.

Scouts 2010 Top 100

BTW, Jackson Jeffcoat is a beast. Son of former Dallas Cowboy Jim Jeffcoat. Has been starting at DE since a Freshman...and that at a 5A Texas school - Plano West. I have seem him play a few times. Truly a man among boys.

Lists Texas, OU, and USC as his favorites. His dad is an assistant FB coach at Univ. of Houston, but that doesn't seem to matter. Think Lane/Monte can work some magic?

Wow!! Anyone curious why UF always seems to be a step ahead of us on the field...

State Breakdown

Florida: 19 players
Tennessee: 2 players

Enough said

granted FL does have 19 and TN 2 but in FL there are 3 big time programs fighting for those and now even S. Florida is competing and pulling a few of those each year. Tennessee on the other hand just has to start locking down our own guys and cherry pick 1 or2 from N.C. S.C. Bama GA FL LA MS TX and CA

granted FL does have 19 and TN 2 but in FL there are 3 big time programs fighting for those and now even S. Florida is competing and pulling a few of those each year. Tennessee on the other hand just has to start locking down our own guys and cherry pick 1 or2 from N.C. S.C. Bama GA FL LA MS TX and CA

That's true about the 3 schools but UF has been winning those recruiting battles for some time now...

It's just amazing to me that 1/5 of the top 100 players for next year reside in Florida...and that's just the top 100

It's like giving one guy a razor sharp steel sword and another guy a wooden stick and telling them to sword fight

I agree UF has BEEN winning...but expect Miami and FSU to catch up in the next 2 to 3 years.

We may not have to try as hard as in the past to cherry pick from Florida.

People in south Florida aren't soon going to forget the name Monte Kiffin.

not with Randy Shannon at the helm

you do wonder if his recruiting success was the pure luck of all those local guys coming at once. after trolling the miami messageboard i've never seen a more negative fan base.

you do wonder if his recruiting success was the pure luck of all those local guys coming at once. after trolling the miami messageboard i've never seen a more negative fan base.

You've been visiting this board for a while. You know how it was when Fulmer was here. Include this year and this board was pretty negative.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I think this is actually a quote that is completely wrong.

Tennessee to me is the only state in high school football that is seperated into 3 sections (east, middle and west) east and middle are grounds for us to lockdown, but western...especially Memphis area is so close to so many Division 1 schools and even more SEC schools that it makes it very difficult to actually "LOCK DOWN" this state. If we locked down say Murfreesboro to eastern tennessee, we would be successful in classes. Especially with the way some of our guys can now recruit MS, LA,GA and SC. That statement does not even take into effect what Coach Garza can do in Texas, which I have honestly no clue.

thats what i was going to say....we are in alot of players top teams....this is an exciting time....i can feel rocky top rising again!

VN Store

Back