I am talking about them being 5-stars. Where did that come from? Did you get that from a site or did you just say it?

Douglas will be one of the top TEs next year, but I don't know of many TEs (even the top one every year) getting 5 stars.

Johnson will be a high four star, but I doubt a five star.

Not sure on Poole, but I doubt he will be a five star.

All these kids are great recruits, but five stars might be pushing it.

I think Austin Jonson could be a five star, he might be the #1 player in North Carolina next year. But probably more likely that he will be a four star and one of the top 50 players in the country. The kid was being recruited by Notre Dame,Auburn,Georgia,Texas,Penn State,Alabama, and all the NC schools before his junior year. He is a big time pickup. This year in 11 games he put up 211 tackles, broke the school record for tackles in a game with 25, had something like 25+ sacks, a couple of forced fumbles, and two picks. He's already 6'3 235, he could be a monster middle linebacker or even put his hand down and be a great DE.

I don't know much about Douglas, but someone told me Rivals had him in the top 30 for 08. I didn't know he was that highly thought of, and I'm curious what people think that have seen him play.

If I had to guess I would say the rivals rankings will look something like:
Austin Johnson **** 6.0
Aaron Douglas **** 5.8
Tauren Poole **** 5.8
JT Floyd *** 5.7

I have a buddy that is a huge recruiting guru that is friends with some people who work for recruiting services. this guys is a southern cal guy who is a huge USC fan and he said poole, johnson, and our TE will be top 100 players. This guy is pretty good.

Man, starting off with 3 Rival-top 100 HS prospects would be a GREAT start. I had looked at their profiles and didn't think much of it, but now I'll look at 'em a different way now that I know.

Hope your friend is right.

Btw, isn't Douglas kin to a famous football player? :good!:

VN Store

Back