2008 Basketball Recruiting

therickbol

Just a little info to see how far UT is coming. We are currently considered to be either the leader or very close to it for the following players. And, out of these players Elliot Williams and Chris Singleton are moving up the rankings and will certainly end up even more highly ranked than they are right now.

#28 in the country (Rivals)
Elliot Williams, 6'4 SG/PG

#35 in the country (Rivals)
Philip Jurric, 6'10 C

#38 in the country (Rivals)
Darius Miller, 6'6 SF

#41 in the country (Rivals)
Chris Singleton, 6'9 SF/PF

We are also seriously involved in the #49 player in the country according to Rivals (Catalin Baciu). UT has never been this seriously involved with 5 players in the Top 50.

Baciu was in for the Memphis game back in December.. Looked like he had a blast from what I saw. Angelo Johnson is warming up to Pearl from what I've gathered.

Another player to look for is Emmanuel Negedu. We are recruiting him hard along with Baciu, Angelo Johnson, and the players you listed. Then you have players like Carter McMasters, Bawa Maniru, and Murphy Holloway viewing us.

We better hook a few of those players... hopefully Singleton, Williams, Miller and Jurick.

We better hook a few of those players... hopefully Singleton, Williams, Miller and Jurick.

You realize that would unquestionably be the #1 class in the country. I'm not saying we can't get that class. But, we should be careful to not get too far ahead of ourselves.

Maybe unquestionably is a strong word, but by the time the ranking are done that will be somewhere in the neighborhood of 4 players in the Top 40.

Besides it's not about having the #1 class it's about your coach getting the players he wants year in and year out.

Alright, went to Rivals, looked at the entire top 100 and wrote down all the guys who listed Tennessee. Anything on some of these guys (besides Jurick, Miller, Holloway)?

Al-Farouq Aminu
Romero Osby
Elliot Williams
Catalin Baciu
Anthony Jones
Dante Anderson
Paul Williams
Angelo Johnson
Verdell Jones
Andrew Steele
Carter McMasters
Bawa Maniru

I guess you could give more info on the guys you all already listed:

Philip Jurick
Darius Miller
Chris Singleton
Murphy Holloway

Pearl can recruit!

Aminu and Osby are pipe dreams. Williams, Jurick, and Singleton are top priorities. Miller and Johnson are 2nd tier. The rest are fallback types.

Have to admit, I have never really followed basketball recruiting until Pearl came. I followed Ramar's recruitment and also the guy that chose NC St over us this year. I'm afraid I will be following it a lot more closely from now on. Please fill the ones of us in on who we have a shot at getting. I know about Jurick, as I live in N GA, 5 mins from E Ridge where Jurick plays. TIA.

I watched Norcross play Oak Hill earlier this year on TV and the announcers talked as though Aminu to Ga. Tech was a done deal. His brother is a soph. on the Jackets basketball team

Yeah, Aminu is likely a Jacket. The guy that picked NCSU is JJ Hickson. There was some talk that the NBA could try to go after Sidney Lowe which would likely give us Hickson, but that is doubtful.

The pipe dreams are obviously not likely, but the rest are all realistic possibilities.

I know this is off topic, but does anyone know is the Summit has a shot at that girl from Houston. Everyone here says she is the next women's superstar.

IDK who you are referring to. I know of Elena Delle Donna who is supposed to be like Candace but more of a guard(no dunking). We are right up there for her. I'd say watch for UT or UConn.

I heard ohio state has some 7ft dood starting in the fall, looks like this is the beginning of some good runs for ohio state bb.

VN Store

Back