2007 Hoops Recruiting

blaker024

I havent heard much about this other than we got a nice 7 footer to play inside? Anyone got any updates for me?

Ummm, we didn't get a 7 footer. We have a 6-5 wing in Cameron Tatum that I think will be a stud in Pearl's system(athletic, great defense, good shooter) and a 6-9 300lb post in Brian Williams. Williams will have to lose alot of weight before he plays a significant role. He will likely have to redshirt. The 2008 class is stacked though.

Cordell Passley(Tony's brother) has committed. He is a PG/SG. He was highly rated since his freshman year in HS but has since dropped because of little progression in his game. We are also in on number of top 100 players(quite a few instate).

what about Gerald Jones? He is a good football prospect, but an even better basketball one. (5 star). Will he try to play both or pick one?

we're looking at a in-state 7 footer, it was his game that Pearl got kicked out of a few weeks ago

Jurick isn't 7 foot. He is closer to 6'10", but dominant defensively inside. McMasters is closer to 7 foot, but he is more of an outside shooter. We are looking at a 7 footer from Asheville. His name is something like Catalin Baciu. He is raw but primarily a post player.

Jurick is defiently a beast on the boards...i went to school where he plays...still got some developing to do on the offensive side, but he is strong and has all the intangibles. They just need to be tweaked a bit. Right now his top school are TN and Indiana. He still has all of this yr to improve as well as his senior yr...Lets hope for the best and hope he goes to UT

VN Store

Back