2005 Nc Contenders

Z06Vol

the captain
I couldn't have said it any better. I got this from Sporting News.

"So who out there can honestly challenge for the national title? Tennessee is loaded, but early road trips to Florida and LSU along with road dates at Notre Dame and Alabama could make an undefeated season next to impossible. Iowa has to go to Ohio State; so does Texas. The Buckeyes have a relatively easy road if they can get by the nasty homes dates with the Horns and Hawks, but there's that little showdown at Michigan to close things out that could ruin a dream year. Oklahoma won't be nearly as good as it was the last few years, but the schedule isn't bad outside of road games at UCLA, Nebraska and Texas Tech along with the Red River Shootout. Which leaves me with my alternative pick for the national title: Virginia Tech. If Marcus Vick plays up to his billing, this is a monster of a team that should be even better than last year's ACC champion. The schedule helps with the toughest road games at Maryland and Virginia (not that bad), missing Florida State and getting Georgia Tech, Boston College and Miami at home."

It's going to be a tough road for the Vols, BUT if they do make it to the NC game...LOOK the HECK OUT!!!

As much as I like to hear the Vols being hyped. It usually turns out to be a jinx. TN always has been easily manipulated emotionally. If they could become more emotionally mature and get Kick a-- attitude for every opponent, we wouldn't have to worry about such things. TN could be scarry if they really believed.

Vols always seem to have some tough make or break games every year. Looking back at 1998-the NC year, I looked at the schedule and said, "there's Syracuse and Florida, right off the bat. If the Vols win one of those, it'll be an interesting season. Win both, and the rest of the teams better watch out." Both games were nail bitter's. Little did we know that the Hogs almost cost the Vols the season. Both were 8-0. The "FUMBLE" was a lifesaver. Of course, after the Hogs lost to the Vols, they were finished for good and ended up 8-3 for the regular season. Florida, LSU, UGA, Bama and Notre Dame are all huge games. If the Vols win 4 of these 5 games, they'll have a shot at the NC. Don't think one loss in regular season should hurt. Undefeated would be bettter though. :thumbsup:

But, I'm hoping like hell they make the Rose Bowl. My mom said if Tennessee made the Rose Bowl, and I got accepted into a good college by that time next year, we'd go to the Rose Bowl.

Originally posted by milohimself@Feb 11, 2005 5:49 PM
But, I'm hoping like hell they make the Rose Bowl. My mom said if Tennessee made the Rose Bowl, and I got accepted into a good college by that time next year, we'd go to the Rose Bowl.

Just fix both problems and go to UT!!

Originally posted by milohimself@Feb 11, 2005 4:49 PM

Sorry buddy!!! The sugar would be great for me!!!! :D :D :D

but doesnt the rose bowl sound better. texas vs. tennessee. im calling it now. all orange rose bowl. i really think usc loses a game or maybe two. texas and tennessee, my two favorite teams, are on a collision course to the national championship. cant wait to shutdown another scambiling qb.

Yeah and UT isn't gonna win a game this year, vols2345......who do you see USC losing to next year? Arkansas is their only possible upset...Other than that they can cruise the rest of the year

dude it is just my opinion damn. im tired of you always ripping what i write. anyone can lose to anyone. they could lose to orgeon, cal, arizona state, arkansas, and there rival ucla.

yeah and I'm tired of trying to read through your ebonic posts......Learn to type and spell and use proper grammar then talk to me :bad:

hahahaha im gonna type how ever i want. if you want to be a punk about it then leave.

You're telling me to leave and calling me punk? LMFAO!!!!!!!!!! Like I'm going to listen to someone that knows absolutely nothing they're talking about.......You tell me to leave all you want but I was here before you were so if anyone should leave it should be you.....I mean how 1st grade can you get??? You sound /act like a 3rd grader on here....If you're a Jr. in high school then grow up!

Alright Tennessee is going to loose at gainseville, and death valley, and the golden dome w/ touchdown jesus...... right....... WRONG!!!!!!!..... OK just look at the circumstances here were underdogs, and how does tennessee act when they are in the lime light and underdogs and backed into a corner???? i'll tell u what they do they step up and take care of buissness like professionals, i mean look, 1998, florida, had't beat them in like 5 years(give or take a couple years, im not really sure), goal posts came down, arkansas, the fumble, syracuse, the kick to win, its just tennessee's tradition to get no respect and then surprise everybody on game day, i really see them running the table the entire regular-season

Originally posted by #10_Ainge_#10@Feb 11, 2005 7:04 PM
Yeah and UT isn't gonna win a game this year, vols2345......who do you see USC losing to next year? Arkansas is their only possible upset...Other than that they can cruise the rest of the year

Man, I know I have some disagreements as far as conference stuff goes, but saying that Arkansas is better than 80% of the Pac-10? That's out of control

I wouldn't go as far as saying Arkansas is better than 90% of the pac 10. I think Oregon, Arizona state, UCLA, and USC are all better than Arkansas.

heres my 2 cents, USC will be there again because they play a weak girly little schedule out on the CRAP-10.....USC gets more respect from the media for beatin cal then we would for beating anyone in the country.....its pathetic how much people love usc in the media....yeah sure I would make the NC every year if i played northwestern Idaho State Technical Community College every year

Speaking of Idaho teams... How do you feel that a team that got annihilated by Boise State went in and played a certain SEC team that should be thanking their lucky stars they didn't lose? I think one of those teams went on to be ranked highly and do pretty well in their conference and the other went on to finish fifth in their's...

I still believe Iowa will win the NC next season.

Remember thos words.

Thats not that far fetched Iowa is one of those teams i secretly root to win every week....i love the coach......they got a blue collar hard working team and they do alot with average talent....wait until the Hawkeyes get some top talent up there....I also see Iowa contending

Iowa does have a lot of talent now.....their recruiting has been solid for 2-3 years now.

Ferentz is a good coach

VN Store

Back