2001 Tennessee vs. Florida Highlights

FL loses 4 O-line starters. Have to replace almost entire O line. D Taylor gonna get him 4 sacks and a forced fumble returned by Bituli. Then he is gonna hit him so hard we get a pick six. And I'm going to be laughing and carrying on cause I'm the King and I deserve it.

Those 2 blown calls by the refs in 2001 - the lateral that was ruled incomplete and the fumble that was ruled a sack - are 2 of the most blatantly horrible calls I have ever seen in college football history.

I'll never forget leaving Gainesville that day. Had a Gator fan throw a beer bottle at my fiancé on the road towards the interstate. Much like the 2 point conversion at the end, the bottle was off target.....

If you're actually a UT fan, you live for moments to be hated and have stuff thrown at you by gators.

If you're actually a UT fan, you live for moments to be hated and have stuff thrown at you by gators.
I remember having the bird thrown at me a lot while I was driving to the 1994 Tennessee-Florida game by Florida fans in chartered buses and cars.:D

Last edited:
Reactions: MAD
As great as an offensive game as UT played that had to be Witten's worst game at TE. He had a rough night.

That was a fun game to be at. It was eerily quiet leaving the stadium.

Man I remember how much those days sucked.
That span from 95-98 where went 45-5 with a National Title and 2 SEC titles was such a let down.

Should have played in more SECCG and NCG. Not saying we would have won but should have! And, again in '01.

Here is another great Tennessee-Florida game

Yes indeed. Talk about great back-to-back performances in 1970. “It climaxed a tumultuous two-week period in which the Vols knocked off Alabama 24-0, [a game in which Tennessee intercepted eight Alabama passes,] and Florida, both games at home. Against the Gators, Bobby Scott threw for 385 yards and two touchdowns. Jackie Walker and Conrad Graham had interception returns for touchdowns, and all was well on an overcast day in Knoxville.

Tennessee fans gave Florida head coach Doug Dickey, their coach from 1964 through 1969, a heart-warming ovation as he left the field. Over the years, he has consistently called it a touching moment.” “38-7 Over Florida in 1970”

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019

VN Store

Back