'20 UY PG Santiago Vescovi (UT commit 11/22/19)

I hope he stays committed. I know we could still use a big, but I think our team is going to be looking real good in the coming years. Would love to see him here. We need a ball handler like him.
Reportedly going back to Australia. Gonna be hard for anyone other than Temple to flip him.

Next year team will be great but patience will be needed.All the new guys will need time to get in the flow.Barnes will get them there!

Reactions: tnjedvol
One obvious comparison is Pistol Pete, at least with the flying hair and no-look passes, though Pete was 3 inches taller. Obviously hope he plays better D than the Pistol ever did. I'd settle for a Ginobli-Nash hybrid and go from there. :)
I think a Mark Price/Drazen Petrovic/ Toni Kukoc type. Or maybe I’m just throwing out the names of white guys that played in the NBA.

While lurking on a Memphis forum, I saw a comment by one Tiger High fan that Memphis would pass Tennessee in recruiting rankings by next spring. Let’s see, they have 0 recruits for 2020 right now, roughly 85% of top 100 recruits have already signed or committed, and there is this black cloud hanging over the program right now....

While lurking on a Memphis forum, I saw a comment by one Tiger High fan that Memphis would pass Tennessee in recruiting rankings by next spring. Let’s see, they have 0 recruits for 2020 right now, roughly 85% of top 100 recruits have already signed or committed, and there is this black cloud hanging over the program right now....
Just always assume Memphis Tigers fans don’t know jack about sports, it’s a real timesaver

8D6A1F05-BA28-483B-85F9-DCE776D14148.gif

Solid get and much needed. Anyone know if he's planning on starting in Jan for this season?

Illusions of grandeur.

Seems to be a little taller than I've seen him listed elsewhere:

1574477227568.png

For a kid his age, hard to get better coaching & training than what he's been receiving in Australia: The NBA Global Academy will serve as the NBA’s global hub for top international male and female prospects from around the world. Up to twelve elite student-athletes attend The NBA Global Academy each year. They train under the supervision of NBA-trained coaches and in collaboration with BA’s internationally recognized coaches and Centre of Excellence teams. The AIS campus is home to world-class, elite high-performance facilities and leading sports practitioners in the fields of sports science, sports medicine and coaching. AIS is a world leader in high performance and is the flagship of the Australian Sports Commission, the Australian Government’s sports agency. The NBA Global Academy student-athletes attend a local private school with all other AIS athletes.

At the Battle Beyond Borders in Charlotte earlier this year, Vescovi wasn't just recognized as an all-star on the court...

The Patrick Baumann Sportsmanship awards stress the positive development of the individual off the court as well as on it, thereby encompassing the values that BWB, as a whole, stands for...The honorees for this camp were 18-year-old Zoe Wadoux of France (Girls) and 17-year-old Santiago Vescovi of Uruguay (Boys).

"I'm really proud to receive this award," said Vescovi. "It's important to get that kind of recognition, not just about basketball but what I do with my teammates, helping everyone and trying to get them up. I had a really good relationship with the coach and the people on the bench. Being respectful is something you learn at home and do in your daily life. It's one of the most important things on the court and in everyday life."
Late FIBA Secretary General Baumann honored as Basketball Without Borders Sportsmanship awards bear his name

Thats called Memphis math or should I say maf,

Wow just think, next year Tennessee will have 2 new 5 stars, a really high 4 star, an eligible 7 footer, a former high 4 star, and an ex NBA point guard.......not to mention James might stay, and the current players who will still be on the team.

Tough losses in Turner and Bowden though.

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
Wow just think, next year Tennessee will have 2 new 5 stars, a really high 4 star, an eligible 7 footer, a former high 4 star, and an ex NBA point guard.......not to mention James might stay, and the current players who will still be on the team.

Tough losses in Turner and Bowden though.
It will be crazy fun, but this year will be, too.

Reactions: JoAllan

VN Store

Back