'20 UY PG Santiago Vescovi (UT commit 11/22/19)

Excited for this guy. Don’t even know how much English he speaks, but screw it. They probably took him out to pedestrian walkway in between classes and told him to just check out the student body and that was enough said. Schools like Temple just can’t compete with that
If he’s been playing in Australia he’s been exposed to it.

Excited for this guy. Don’t even know how much English he speaks, but screw it. They probably took him out to pedestrian walkway in between classes and told him to just check out the student body and that was enough said. Schools like Temple just can’t compete with that
Didn’t hurt Tua at Bama.

Uruguay 10 did you know facts.

1. Half of all citizens live in the capital city.
2. Was the first country to legalize weed.
3. Was the first country to give a laptop or tablet to all its school kids.
4. Has lots of cows.....lots......4 cows to every person.
5. There are more sheep than citizens.
6. Lies just south of Brazil.
7. They export a lot of meat & live animals.
8. They have over a 98% literacy rate.
9. Has the lowest poverty rate in South America.
10. Esteban Batista was the only NBA player (I could find) from Uruguay.
Gosh JA, sounds like you're fairly acquainted with things down there!🤔

Gosh JA, sounds like you're fairly acquainted with things down there!🤔

If anyone ever wanted to visit a South American country......that is the place to go.

It’s the least corrupt country. They are a democracy. Most all places have electricity. They are not poor (nothing wrong with being poor, but when a country is poor it leads to crime and corruption).

Also (seems strange to me but) most folks are of Italian/European decent or a mix of (nothing to do with visiting, but I found it interesting).

We'll definitely be hard to guard.

How many of Tennessee’s recruits are lefties? With six members of the present team being southpaws, next year’s team is going to be difficult to prepare for.
I’ve forgotten most of my college statistics, but the the statistical odds of this happening randomly must be astronomical. It surely has to be close to a record for college basketball.

Reactions: aWhiteLoftonChism
I agree, but a 4 star/74th rated player (according to 247), is pretty good.

Yeah and I think he is underrated based on what I saw on the video. I know you can't get even close to a full picture on a minute long video, but he seems quite polished for a point guard, and as good or better than some ahead of him in the ratings.

Reactions: cardvolfan
If anyone ever wanted to visit a South American country......that is the place to go.

It’s the least corrupt country. They are a democracy. Most all places have electricity. They are not poor (nothing wrong with being poor, but when a country is poor it leads to crime and corruption).

Also (seems strange to me but) most folks are of Italian/European decent or a mix of (nothing to do with visiting, but I found it interesting).
Wow, good information. I don't recall much about the country, but sounds like a winner.

Reactions: JoAllan
Yeah and I think he is underrated based on what I saw on the video. I know you can't get even close to a full picture on a minute long video, but he seems quite polished for a point guard, and as good or better than some ahead of him in the ratings.

Yea

I’ve seen 4 videos of him and, for a point, he looks really good.

Looks like he does everything well. While he does make some turnovers and not a ton of assists, Tennessee’s system is designed to change that.

I think he will be good for a while.

I'm going to be the bad guy here and toss the wet blanket.

First the good. Vescovi obviously is a fantastic ball-handler, and at the guard position, that is probably our most glaring, current weakness. He immediately helps to address that. He can also add some shooting ability to the perimeter, as well. He has a very good eye and understands how plays develop and where guys should be open.

Now the bad. The more I watch, the more out of control he seems to be in a lot of what I've seen. Keep in mind, we are seeing the highlights in these videos, not the times when balls sail out of bounds and he gets shut down by overdribbling into the paint on an ill-advised drive. Barnes isn't going to stand for the half dozen TOs that will result from some errant no-look passes and over-dribbling. His release isn't very quick on his shot, nor does he have the requisite height to compensate for a slow release. He seems to be the kind of player that would most benefit from developing chemistry with his teammates to know when and where they are going to be on the floor. Being thrown into the fire will not allow that to develop this year, most likely, so you may see a neutered version of him this year while that chemistry develops.

Overall, he looks like a wonderful addition, and over time his good should far outweigh his bad. All of his flaws can be coached out of him if he will allow Barnes and staff to coach him hard. Jordan Bone had a lot of similar flaws in his game when he got to Tennessee, and they made him an NBA draft pick. This kid is further along than Bone was at 18 years old, but Bone took to hard, honest coaching like a duck to water and it made him a much better player.

Can't wait to see SV in a Tennessee uniform this spring.

VN Store

Back