'20 TN SG Keon Johnson (Tennessee commit 8.6.19)

Mark Griffin sure was a buzz kill today. Went with Keon to Ohio Stste and said that they were very impressive and the visit was great. He also said that the narrative that Keon is a lock for TN is 100% false.

Former UT Vol that played for Devoe and is Keon Johnson's summer league basketball coach. He says that he's not pushing Keon to pick TN at all... wants him to make up his own mind.
Well hopefully he's just trying to make it seem more open so it doesn't ruin Keon's moment.

Mark Griffin sure was a buzz kill today. Went with Keon to Ohio Stste and said that they were very impressive and the visit was great. He also said that the narrative that Keon is a lock for TN is 100% false.
Highly doubt he wants to come out and say “Keon is going to Tennessee”, the kid wants his moment.

I think he was also throwing out hints to the coaching staff to not feel too confident in knowing he may be a lock. Which means recruit him harder to keep him.

I think Keon comes in as a freshman on a JRich/junior level on defense and a better scorer, athlete and slasher, just needs to work on that 3 ball. Walker, Keon, PJ and Hayes or Springer (UNC gets one, UT gets the other, when Hayes reclassifies) will be the '20 class. Can't wait. Still need next year's team not to collapse and screw up the run, UT is about to embark on

I wonder how well Keon and Springer get along. Apparently last year at the AAU tournament over on the Plateau, Springer played far better. Springer was injured for the same event last Saturday and Keon had a great outing. I'd love to see them both in TN orange in about 16 months.

I think Keon comes in as a freshman on a JRich/junior level on defense and a better scorer, athlete and slasher, just needs to work on that 3 ball. Walker, Keon, PJ and Hayes or Springer (UNC gets one, UT gets the other, when Hayes reclassifies) will be the '20 class. Can't wait. Still need next year's team not to collapse and screw up the run, UT is about to embark on

I also have a hard time seeing UT land both Springer and Johnson.

Nah, it's not about u. We gotta bet ? I'm saying 4, Top 75 ranked players in the '20 class in at least one recruiting service
Sure, that’s a good way to make it not about me.

I hope Barnes signs all top 75 players.
Bet for what?
My questioning Barnes doesn’t affect my fandom at all. I would love UT to do that very thing.
Do I believe Barnes will Land four top 75 players?
No.
Do I have any interest in a bet with you?
Nope.

UVA is expected to land Jabri Abdur-Rahim tonight, taking up their last open scholarship. Would appear to be a Tennessee-Ohio State battle at this point.

Reactions: volfaninpa
UVA is expected to land Jabri Abdur-Rahim tonight, taking up their last open scholarship. Would appear to be a Tennessee-Ohio State battle at this point.

Much like us I’m sure they would be willing to oversign to land Johnson, however them turning up the heat on Abur-Rahim did coincide with the reports that UVA was conceding Johnson.

Reactions: RyanWalkerPGH
I would be very surprised to see Johnson at Ohio State. That being said, I've been surprised before.

From Rob Lewis:

Been driving this evening so not sure if discussed. Virginia took a commitment from four star wing Jabari Abdul-Rahim today. That means they are now full in the 2020 class which may also say a lot about where the Vols are with Keon Johnson.

Obviously myself and many others have thought that Tennessee was the team to beat there for some time now but that move by UVA would seem to reinforce that view. (I just can’t see Ohio State as a really serious player, but maybe I’m wrong.)

Additionally, UVA could have a plan to make room for Johnson if he wanted to come (I know I would) but as of now I think them taking that commitment today is a positive for the Vols.

VN Store

Back