'20 TN SG Keon Johnson (Tennessee commit 8.6.19)

Unless I'm mistaken, it looks like Johnson moved up 16 spots to #17 and now a 5 star on Rivals. Walker moved down 3 to 24 but still 5 star.
Rivals150

Oh, and #2 ranked class behind Duke for now.
Thanks for posting. Big jump for Keon. Ruzhentsev from Chattanooga came in at 72. Wish we had space for him. I saw there is a big man from Knoxville Christian listed at 142. I wonder if he is a backup in case Hall and Cardwell don't work out.

Thanks for posting. Big jump for Keon. Ruzhentsev from Chattanooga came in at 72. Wish we had space for him. I saw there is a big man from Knoxville Christian listed at 142. I wonder if he is a backup in case Hall and Cardwell don't work out.
Odusipe from Knox Christian has a pretty nice offer list if those are mostly legit.

2020 class will be mostly, if not totally complete. Doubt anyone is asking out of their letter of intent if we go 18-13. If anything, they see a more immediate path to direct playing time and a chance to further elevate the program. These recruits don't typically have the myopic perspective many of us think they do.

I totally agree with that. Barnes’ big selling point now is development. He can point to 3 guys in the NBA that were drafted that he helped mold. Sells in a good or bad season. They can sign in November right?

I totally agree with that. Barnes’ big selling point now is development. He can point to 3 guys in the NBA that were drafted that he helped mold. Sells in a good or bad season. They can sign in November right?
Yes, both Johnson and Walker intend to sign in November.

Reactions: Jack Burton
IMO this is a make or break year for Pons, Kent, and Johnson. If they cant show they can help this Bball team they get the Git shirt after the season. TN is in on too many good recruits to keep dead weight on the roster
JJ is going to step up, this year. Way too talented, not to, especially considering Barnes has been molding him for almost 4 years, now. Pons on athletic ability alone is worth keeping. I'm not giving up on Kent until I see him play, at the least, half a season. I get what u are saying, because UT is all over, mad elite players in the '20 class. Still, if one or more lay an egg this year, it wouldn't hurt my feelings, if somebody got a git-shirt. Even UT's back-up plan, players for the '20 class are elite. Would love to sign 5 players in the '20 class, considering the players considering us

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
JJ is going to step up, this year. Way too talented, not to, especially considering Barnes has been molding him for almost 4 years, now. Pons on athletic ability alone is worth keeping. I'm not giving up on Kent until I see him play, at the least, half a season. I get what u are saying, because UT is all over, mad elite players in the '20 class. Still, if one or more lay an egg this year, it wouldn't hurt my feelings, if somebody got a git-shirt. Even UT's back-up plan, players for the '20 class are elite. Would love to sign 5 players in the '20 class, considering the players considering us

I'd like to see Kent play half a game. So far most of his minutes were in the Rocky Top League 2 years ago.

BTW, ZK looked comfortable running the floor and had good hands in the RTL. I hope he's not handed a git-shirt. He has at least 3 years left and possibly 4. We could use that kind of maturity with all of the 1, 2, or 3 year players signing on.

Corey Evans from Rivals when asked what is your impression of the shooting guards, and whose ranking do you believe most strongly in?
I believe strongly in Keon Johnson's ranking. The recent Tennessee commit has really developed his skill set in recent months, which should make him a perfect fit for Rick Barnes and the Volunteers.

Basketball Recruiting - Rival Views: USA Basketball Saturday
Bossi's view: I would have had to pick between 2021 five-stars
Chet Holmgrenand
Jabari Smith here but we covered both extensively in Friday's Rival Views and with some many elite prospects in attendance we need to spread the love around. So, I'll go with Tennessee bound
Keon Johnson here. The super athletic two guard was terrific at the last USA Basketball event and has been even better this time around. He gives off energy on both sides of the ball, continues to improve his skill and more and more looks like a guy who may not be in Knoxville for more than a year or maybe two. In terms of guys who have really gotten the NBA scouts in attendance fired up, Johnson ranks high on the list.

VN Store

Back