'20 TN SG Keon Johnson (Tennessee commit 8.6.19)

A step back is OK but I still expect 20 wins and the NCAA tourney.
--------------------------------------------------
That would be an off the wall expectation.
Maybe the poster meant to say something else, but that is what came out the keyboard.
Nobody could be that out of touch, could they?

--------------------------------------------------
That would be an off the wall expectation.
Maybe the poster meant to say something else, but that is what came out the keyboard.
Nobody could be that out of touch, could they?

Expecting 20 wins from the 3rd highest paid coach in America is out of touch?

Funny Bro.

Reactions: SmokyRiverDog
Expecting 20 wins from the 3rd highest paid coach in America is out of touch?

Funny Bro.
Once again, I agree with u and your post. If the Vols don't make the NCAA Tourney, I think it could affect that phenomenal '20 class, which imo, has a possibility of being the greatest in Tennessee basketball history. None of us want that. Turner, Bowden and James should be enough to carry the team into the Tourney, imo, especially if Plavsic becomes eligible. I believe ORN is going to ball out, too, next year. Possibly, Grant-like freshman stats for ORN. Either way, despite a step back, we really need to make a Tourney appearance to keep the momentum going. The Golden Age of UT Basketball has begun and the '20 and/or '21 team is going to give us, our first Final 4 team

Once again, I agree with u and your post. If the Vols don't make the NCAA Tourney, I think it could affect that phenomenal '20 class, which imo, has a possibility of being the greatest in Tennessee basketball history. None of us want that. Turner, Bowden and James should be enough to carry the team into the Tourney, imo, especially if Plavsic becomes eligible. I believe ORN is going to ball out, too, next year. Possibly, Grant-like freshman stats for ORN. Either way, despite a step back, we really need to make a Tourney appearance to keep the momentum going. The Golden Age of UT Basketball has begun and the '20 and/or '21 team is going to give us, our first Final 4 team
Now this is an honest question, but do you think Barnes is going to change something in his style or approach to players that will bring E8s and F4s when he gets back to recruiting top classes? He had them at Texas and didn't produce any better in the tourney. In fact he regressed with the better players. what will change?

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

a. re:
MinisterofDef#92's comments that he is "not going to get into this everyday," but time after time keeps responding---If don't want to say anything about it every day, then if he would stop responding, he would not get into it every day.

And maybe you have never had a "perfect job" that you thought you would never get, and had a very good job
but not your dream job, and were doing great work at the good job---and suddenly the dream job
came open and they came after you, and you asked a ton of money to try to get them to stop interrupting
what you were doing so it would not distract you and your staff, and
they said "yes," do you want anything else? Maybe you never had that happen. Few do. But you have to take it,
unless your family says no. The chance to rebuild his mentor, John Wooden's program, would have made Barnes
a household word for decades in college basketball.

But you are one dumb cluck if you think somebody should not fulfill a dream, for which he is going to make
more money than ever thought possible---if it is done ethically---because a bunch of people half of whom never
went to the school they are yelling about, when it is your dream job.

If you are dumb enough to think a coach should undermine his own
career to pacify a bunch of message board cowboys; then you are one dumbaxx. Just saying.

Be glad he stayed.
Be glad AD Fulmer knew how to handle it.

And this coach and his staff are recruiting like mad, despite having lost
one of their best recruiters who got a HC job. Like I said originally, if you don't want to talk about this, then
hush. Your act is getting old, especially since you make no sense with your comments.

b. re:
various and the ongoing "we want pearl,"

Pearl has been around crooked coaching time after time. His assistants keep falling by the wayside, because of cheating. Pearl has been three places that we know of where he cheats.
-Pearl has had a show-cause against him and had to leave coaching. He left UT in chaos, with NCAA penalties.
-Auburn is going to get penalties, as the action by the NCAA publicized earlier this month shows.

If you are dumb enough to want a coach who is guaranteed to put the program under a microscope of NCAA investigators,
and want lots of penalties attached to the program, then you are one dumb cluck.

Think this is a case of mistaken identity...lol

Good chance the class will all be signed by then, or at least the key pieces.

Reactions: miket4god
Alabama should’ve fired Nick Saban. His first team went 6-6 when he was the highest paid coach in America. uNaCcEpTaBlE!

It’s year 5, not year 1. Not unreasonable to expect a team that should make the tournament this season.

Do we sometimes have unwarranted expectations as a fan-base? Absolutely.
Should CRB have kept his mouth shut about the buyout being the only thing that kept him from leaving for UCLA?? Absolutely.

Like it or not, if this year's team underachieves in the least bit, any criticism he gets will to some degree by earned by this glaring PR mistake. JMO, of course.

Do we sometimes have unwarranted expectations as a fan-base? Absolutely.
Should CRB have kept his mouth shut about the buyout being the only thing that kept him from leaving for UCLA?? Absolutely.

Like it or not, if this year's team underachieves in the least bit, any criticism he gets will to some degree by earned by this glaring PR mistake. JMO, of course.

CRB was trying to say that God wanted him to stay at UT because UCLA would not pay buyout. I do not think he ever thought there would be a backlash.

Reactions: beamerman
2020 class will be mostly, if not totally complete. Doubt anyone is asking out of their letter of intent if we go 18-13. If anything, they see a more immediate path to direct playing time and a chance to further elevate the program. These recruits don't typically have the myopic perspective many of us think they do.

When do new rankings come out?
I’m curious to see where Keon lands. Do the pundits give him what he’s earned or does his lack of recruitment by blue bloods hurt his rank?

When do new rankings come out?
I’m curious to see where Keon lands. Do the pundits give him what he’s earned or does his lack of recruitment by blue bloods hurt his rank?

Imo the lack of blue blood offers is relevant in that rating he deserves

I hope he can help us land Springer. It certainly doesn't hurt. Walker, Johnson, Springer is an awesome class. Maybe they can convince Josiah to stay as well. Then you'd have potentially a Josiah, Springer, Johnson, Walker, Plavsic starting 5. That could be our best starting 5 of all time.

I hope he can help us land Springer. It certainly doesn't hurt. Walker, Johnson, Springer is an awesome class. Maybe they can convince Josiah to stay as well. Then you'd have potentially a Josiah, Springer, Johnson, Walker, Plavsic starting 5. That could be our best starting 5 of all time.

Good gracious that squad would be nasty. Bench wouldn't be bad either. Gaines, Pember, Bailey, Kent

VN Store

Back