'20 TN SG Keon Johnson (Tennessee commit 8.6.19)

MoB_MoVols

EasyMoneySniper
cct2q8bq4ju8zb7chret

Webb High School
Bell Buckle, TN
6'5

Rivals
HUDL

Last edited:
This is a player that Tennessee needs to land from a perception standpoint, as well as a practical one. He’s an in-state standout, a national recruit and he’s not from Memphis, meaning that’s one obstacle that the Vols don’t have to overcome as they do whenever they venture into the Tigers’ backyard. Many feel like the Vols have established themselves as the team to beat for Johnson, but he has yet to formally announce any leaders. According to our last conversation, Tennessee, Virginia, Ole Miss and Vandy are the schools he hears from the most right now.
That’s a presumptive top four for him but he’s very clear in stating that he’s still open and others could step in and get involved. Notre Dame, Ohio State and Indiana are three programs that have upped their efforts this spring. A big, athletic wing Johnson just brings a lot to the table. He’s a fiery competitor who works hard on both ends of the floor. He’s steadily improved his ball handling and shooting over the past two seasons to the point where he’s now a ‘big guard’ rather than a small forward.
-VQ

By the way, have heard that he is still interested in a Vandy education. Has he taken them out of consideration?

Kind of worries me about OSU a bit. What is his attraction to them?

Fwiw he didn’t end up making the visit this past weekend like scheduled, not sure if he has a visit rescheduled or no but worth watching.

They have a good program and good coach, and it’s also only about 5hrs from home so not too far.

Fwiw he didn’t end up making the visit this past weekend like scheduled, not sure if he has a visit rescheduled or no but worth watching.

They have a good program and good coach, and it’s also only about 5hrs from home so not too far.

I think it's too far and they are only there because they are the new kid on the block. I'd be shocked if he goes there

Yikes. That would be a kick in the groin to lose him to them.

I think it's too far and they are only there because they are the new kid on the block. I'd be shocked if he goes there
Yea I don’t think he’s going there...seemingly was between Vanderbilt and Tennessee before coaching change, I think that’s obviously good for Tennessee. He likes Virginia and Bennett a lot but distance is a big factor and that’s just too far imo.

Reactions: esands88
I think we land him, but we do have some good competition. Anyone that is considering Virginia clearly fits our program as well.

Reactions: Vols All Day
His mama dropped Auburn because they asked about all the academic stuff and Pearl told them not to worry about it. They had all that taken care if. Thanks Bruce

Reactions: BartW and CAVPUT

VN Store

Back