'20 NY OLB William Mohan (Tennessee commit)

Love that we're getting in with under the radar kids. If/when these kids' recruitments blow up, we have the existing relationships to leverage and fall back on.

“Frame built for hybrid role in college of safety/linebacker. Has frame to carry 215 pounds. Lightning first step. Accelerates well and plays faster than 4.78 testing time in 40. Shuttle of 4.18 shows change of direction ability. Plays fast and physical. Chases plays down. Is a tone setter. Excels coming off edge and getting in backfield. Has to add upper body strength. Needs to work on pre-snap technique. Has to continue to develop pass coverage skills. Concern about ability to add weight and be big enough to play in box against physical teams. Multi-year starter at Top 15 program. NFL free agent potential.”

Wooo! Boom!
iu

This is remarkable. UT didn't want the kid who publicly announced he wanted to be Vol, right?

I think we'll have to trust Jean-Mary.

As bad as fans here think things are at UT... are they worse at Michigan and Auburn?
I think the buy-in seems to be worse at Auburn (from an outside perspective). Not sure the talent is worse.
Michigan has a new DC so maybe they just don't jive, not sure.

Reactions: OneVolNation
"It feels great," Mohan said. "I feel so good. I was like might as well. I love the school and I love everything. Why not today?"

Mohan has a good relationship with Vol linebackers coach Brian Jean Mary and the fit on Rocky Top was natural for his position.

"I have a lot of trust in him," Mohan said. "He knows how I move and how to get the best out of me. He knows how to use me. I just trust him so much. "He's a funny guy. He knows how to get you ready to play. He's also serious when he needs to be. He's from Brooklyn which is where I'm from."

So what does Mohan bring to Tennessee? He believes his athleticism sets him apart from others that play outside linebacker. "I'm fast and really physical," Mohan said. "I get off the edge really quick. I read the field really well. When it comes to coverage I can do that. I think I'm a hybrid that can play inside or outside. Mostly outside, but I hit like an inside backer."

Mohan came to town yesterday and spent time on Rocky Top. Even though he couldn't meet or talk to anyone, he and his family got to get a vibe for everything and see what Knoxville was like.

"My parents walked around the campus," Mohan said. "I just got to see the city and the buildings. I just had great feel for it. My parents were loving it. It's a nice area and really beautiful."

Mohan was also really impressed by Josh Heupel. "He has a lot of energy," Mohan said. "He really wants me there. I feel good energy and I feel that love. They just talked to me and my parents and it feels genuine."

Mohan, who is nicked named Apache brings plenty of energy on and off the field. Where did he get the nickname? "The reason they call me that is because I'm an Indian and I always had a mohawk and I play warrior style," Mohan said.

Mohan will be here for June session of summer school.

- VQ

VN Store

Back