20 More Minutes Of That Defense Will Get UT Some Hardware.

hatvol96

If it weren't for points off loose balls and other broken plays, Villanova has about 12 points right now. That's winning basketball.

I don't want to declare Pearl hero too early, but it's a 180 from what Tennessee was playing 12 months ago. More emphasis on defense is never a bad thing.

Aside from a few silly fouls, great defensive effort.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

i think that was best half of half court basketball i've seen in the pearl era. they were great on D and pretty good on O.

This may be a place to talk about it since it was not mentioned in the game thread yet.

The commentators said that Pearl told them a story about Gary Williams telling them at the highest level you cannot press elite players because it wont work. He said Pearl is focused on excellence in half court defense.

Do a little dance. Its not the trophy I want, but I'll take it.

Oh, and wow MHF can be a stick. Can't you just turn off the computer?

Outstanding. As long as Tennessee can play the defense the way they did tonight, they will always be in the game. This is one of the best wins Tenneessee has had in a while.

Shooting will come and go. You can bring defense every night.

Can't remember the coach but he said, "Shooting is like investing in the stock market- it goes up and down. Defense is like a traditional savings account- always steady."

VN Store

Back