'20 MO PG Caleb Love

MoB_MoVols

EasyMoneySniper
s2ynyxuahp4l9rpvwxv1

Christian Brothers College High
St. Louis, MO
6'3

Rivals

On the high school recruiting front, while it’s quite right now, one name we’ve heard that we should probably add to Tennessee’s recruiting board is point guard Caleb Love out of St. Louis. Love is ranked the No. 38 player in the Class of 2020 and Tennessee’s involvement with him is a direct result of the addition of Kim English and his Missouri ties to the staff. Not saying that he’s a lock to Tennessee or anything of that nature, but look for the Vols to become a factor there due to English.
-VQ

From the EYBL last weekend
He confirmed a report from Rivals analyst Corey Evans that he has scheduled his first official visit, a trip to Virginia in June, and said he hopes to plan his other official visits in the coming days. He mentioned Texas and Tennessee as other schools likely to receive a trip. “I’ve been to Louisville, I’ve been to Mizzou multiple times, I’ve been to Indiana,” Love said when discussing his visit plans. “So yeah, Tennessee and Texas.”
-Rivals

I’ll be honest with you. It’s easy to see why Barnes and staff like him. He reminds me of a better defensive version of Jordan Bone.

Reactions: feathersax
We need a pg bad for 2020. Let's assume James leaves, we'd have no one on the roster other than maybe Gaines (and that's far from a safe bet) that could run the point.

Although, I would prefer Springer, getting Love as a back-up plan or Barnes preference would be fine with me. Walker, Keon and Love/Springer = Greatest Vol BB class ever. If somehow UT has a 4th spot, I think PJ Hall, the other Hall kid from Hickory and Murrell are all possibilities and the '20 class becomes even more monumental. Plus, Bailey will be eligible, if we take him as a transfer like the rumors are saying.

Reactions: flowd82
What is your impression of the point guard group, and whose long-term potential stands out relative to his current ranking?
I like this point guard class a lot. There is a lot of star power at the top with Cade Cunningham, Sharife Cooper and Daishen Nix, but then I look all the way down 20th overall and see Jamal Shead, who I think will have a great college career at Houston. One prospect I was really impressed with earlier this travel season was Caleb Love. I like his size at the position and I like that he's both a scorer and a really good set-up guy. I'm not surprised in the least his recruitment took off over the past couple months. I wouldn't be shocked if he's the best from this class outside of Cunningham when all is said and done.
-Rivals

@MoB_MoVols

Any mention of Vols?

None. Just discussed Kansas, Arizona, UNC, Louisville, Texas, Missouri, and Illinois. A bit misleading overall, because Bossi lead every question with a specific school. And there was no mention of Tennessee in the Bryce Thompson article either.

One of the top point guards in the class of 2020,
Caleb Love has been climbing the national rankings and seeing his recruitment take off.

The senior-to-be at St. Louis (Mo.) CBC is a clever scorer and has been more than holding his own at USA Basketball's U19 National Team tryouts. While there, he discussed the latest with his game and recruitment.
Eric Bossi (EB): "You have done USA Basketball stuff before but this is a little different because you also have college players here. What's that been like?"
Caleb Love: (CL): "It's different. I'm just coming in here open-minded, with all the confidence I can and just trying to make the team. I'm just trying to win that gold medal for the U.S. and bring it back home. It's just a great experience to be here."
EB: "Did you feel bittersweet about the spring? You played pretty well individually and got some new stuff going but your team Brad Beal Elite didn't play like you as a team. What kind of feeling do you have about that?"
CL: "Individually I did feel like I did well but I could have done a lot better leading my team to wins. But team-wise we had a lot of guys trying to play together. We could have done a lot better with the talent we had but we found our groove late in the third session of the EYBL so I'm proud about that."
EB: "Is that something you guys talked about? Like we're not going out like that?"
CL: "That was the main thing going into Dallas. Obviously we wanted to win all five games but we didn't, we won two. But we won the last two and we were competitive."
EB: "You did an unofficial visit to Kansas last week. How was that?"
CL: "It was real good. The facilities are great. The coaches pitch to me was that they want me to come in and be a leading point guard for them and try to lead them to a national championship."

EB: "Was that your first chance to sit down with Bill Self? What kind of impression did he leave on you."
CL: "That was my first time and it was a great impression. It was surreal being in his presence so that was fun."
EB: "Arizona was another brand new offer. What's your impression of Arizona?"
CL: "They just want me to come in and be that lead point guard. They've got
Nico Mannion
who is probably going to leave next year so I could come in and be the lead guard and just lead their team."

EB: "North Carolina is another new one. What was it like when you got that offer?"
CL: "It was surreal and it was a blessing when I got it. Coach Roy Williamscalled me right after I got home. It was crazy."
EB: "Louisville is a place that you've been to before and they've been really aggressive with you. What's enabled them to stay so strong in the mix with you?"
CL: "Just the relationship we have. We have a strong relationship. I have a strong relationship with all the coaches. We text daily so that's a big thing."
EB: "Texas is one that you mentioned wanting to go out and take an official visit to; what stands out with them?"
CL: "Also the relationship. We have a strong relationship and their pitch to me is good. They are always telling me good luck and giving me tips on how to improve my game so they are basically coaching me before I even get to their school."
EB: "Missouri, a local school, but on the outside there's been a lot of speculation that you may be heading away from home for school. What are they doing to try and stay in the mix and make sure that they are still top of mind with you?"
CL: "They are close and we have a strong relationship. Then Cuonzo (Martin). We have a strong relationship. Their pitch to me is that they want me to help turn the program back around and put on for my city."
EB: "Illinois, what are things like with them?"
CL: "Coach (Brad) Underwood, he's always there. Him and coach (Jamall) Walker are always there. They are coming to workouts when they can and are always in my ear telling me what they want me to do."
EB: "So, you have said that you will probably take officials to UNC and Texas since you've not been there, is there anybody else you will for sure take an official visit to?"
CL: "I'm not sure yet."
EB: "When do you want to cut things down and be like, 'I need to get it down to this five or six?' "
CL: "Probably after the Peach Invitational in July. It will be like seven or under, probably."

Reactions: sport3500

VN Store

Back