'20 LA LB Brandon Williams (Virginia Commit)

Might be part Bigfoot. He is blurry as well and aggressive too. Definitely WANT!!

"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus monster roaming the countryside" - Mitch Hedberg

I’m surprised that we haven’t heard more about this guy, especially since Ojulari seems to have us in a holding pattern at best.

On Virginia: "Right when they offered, they've stayed in contact every day. I have great conversations with those guys. They have ties down here in New Orleans and Donovan Johnson is going there. They have another commitment from (Bud Clark). They recruit very well down here and I can see why. Those coaches, you can tell by talking to them they want to make you better as a player and defensively, in their scheme I have a chance if I went there to get early playing time and play a lot of positions. The end goal is the NFL, so that's what matters."

On Arkansas: "Arkansas has been on me since they offered me last year. They've been keeping in touch. I talk to Coach Chad Morris a lot, my position coach (Steve Caldwell), the defensive coordinator (John Chavis). I talk to a few guys there pretty often. The thing about Arkansas is I'm curious about Arkansas. I don't know much about Arkansas because I've never been to campus. I don't turn them on TV too often, so I can go up there and see what they have, see if there's something there. Arkansas has some guys committed I know and they're good players and they have very good reasons for committing and I want to see what that's all about."

On Miami: "They're trying to get a lot of Louisiana guys. They're a fantastic school, especially for my major (business) and they're a great program. Historically, they have amazing fan support, support all around the program. They're a great team and I think they'll have a great season this year. I'm excited to see them and get a visit down there."

On Florida: "They pretty much tell me they really need me over there. They want me, they want me more than anything. I almost went to Friday Night Lights, but I was in Hawaii. I've gotten to know the coaches very well. They're some of the most relentless coaches on me and they've been on me for a long time. Coach (Christian) Robinson and Coach (Dan) Mullen, those guys are some of the best relationships I have at this point."

On Texas A&M: "Coach (Jimbo) Fisher really likes how I can plug into that scheme. I could fit well into that linebacking corps. I want to work out a visit. They said I can come down to any game I want. I need to figure out what game that's gonna be, but I definitely want to see Texas A&M. From the facilities to talking to people I trust, I know they have something going on down there. You see the way they're recruiting and Jimbo Fisher, as I know from being a childhood Florida State fan, he's a great coach."

On Tennessee: "It's like some of the guys there are family to me now. We've been building our relationship since Day 1 and we keep in contact. Coach (Brandon) Deaderick and a lot of guys over there are like family. It feels like family and I love to go up to Rocky Top. It's a familiar environment. I've been there three times so when I'm up there, I pretty much know where everything is."

RIVALS REACTION
Williams has a lot of new interests in his recruitment, but plenty of familiar schools as well. In the spring, he was focused on LSU, Tennessee and Florida, but the in-state Tigers did not offer after a workout at camp. We'll see if that changes a few games into his senior season at Newman, but he has since shifted his focus onto Florida and Tennessee, with Virginia as the third team surging the most recently.
Williams is planning to officially visit Florida, Texas A&M, Miami, Arkansas and Virginia. The only reason the Vols are on the outside looking in is because of how many times he has already been on campus. However, it would not be the least bit surprising to see Williams make his way back to Tennessee before he signs on the dotted line.

-Rivals

Is he a December or February signee? Feel like we could get him up here in January as well as an OV in the fall.

VN Store

Back