2 days in a row on Rome.

TXA&M07

Roll the dice....
Yesterday Rome had a short segement on Bryce Brown. Today Bruce Pearl completes the "Car wash" by making an appearance. Coming up next.

to paraphrase Pearl, "The SEC didnt get the shaft with onle getting three teams in. Not enough quality wins for others"

Claims, Okie lite game will be defense oriented.

Inside game(Vols) vs outside game(Cowpokes)

agreed. He referenced how long its been since it expanded. I dont really have an opinon either way.

there are more spots than deserving teams this year
Agreed. I would much rather the 'AA focus on a football playoff than a tournament that already includes plenty of also rans.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

If they expand to 96 team, then the 97th will always present an argument. The original format is fine as it is. If you can't pick up one of the 34 best at-large resumes then you deserve to make the NIT.

If they expand to 96 team, then the 97th will always present an argument. The original format is fine as it is. If you can't pick up one of the 34 best at-large resumes then you deserve to make the NIT.

Except the 97th team has absolutely no shot at going anywhere in the tournament. The 33rd or so at large team has a decent shot to actually make it to the second round or sweet sixteen atleast.

When you expand to that many teams - it doesn't really matter if someone is left out at that point - if they suck bad enough not to be able to be one of those 96 then they shouldn't be upset about not getting in.

I think they should add 3 more play in games. The winner of each play in game plays the 1 seed from every region.

Depends on how they do the play-ins. Its one thing to have Coppin State v. FAMU play for the right to be slaughtered by a UConn, quite another to say that two bubble teams will play, i.e. Florida and St. Mary's, and UConn gets the winner of that game.

VN Store

Back