2-8 is Pruitt gone?

2-8 is Pruitt gone?

• Pruitt is fired if he goes 2-8

Votes: 240 38.5%
  • Pruitt survives if he goes 2-8

Votes: 384 61.5%

• Total voters
I'm curious to see his justification for not firing him this year if we go 2-8 (or 3-7 for that matter). Annnd, sorry but the covid excuse doesn't work for me..
Fulmer promised him time. I would imagine he plans to give him time. Not saying he should but he will.

Though I disagree with it I don't think anything he does this season gets him fired but he's definitely on the hot seat. I'm tired of excuses.

Even if we lose we should not currently be getting blown out by UGA, UF and UA. We should never get manhandled by the Ga State's of the world. We might lose a close one to Kentucky once in a blue moon but they should never dominate us like they did this year.

All of those things are inexcusable next season and should (in a world where people are held accountable for utter failure) cost the HC his job.

He’s Fulmers “guy”

If Fulmer got an extension he’s going to give Pruitt every chance to stick around even when he shouldn’t because Fulmer will want to say “my guy fixed Tennessee”

Like I posted previously in this thread, I think Muschamp getting fired is potentially a game changer, especially with a talent like Freeze ready to be courted by SEC programs. Imagine if we win this weekend and that’s the straw that would break Malzahn’s back amd they get Freeze. That would be the most Tennessee $hit ever.

Like I posted previously in this thread, I think Muschamp getting fired is potentially a game changer, especially with a talent like Freeze ready to be courted by SEC programs. Imagine if we win this weekend and that’s the straw that would break Malzahn’s back amd they get Freeze. That would be the most Tennessee $hit ever.
I've been telling an Auburn buddy of mine that all week. He thinks Auburn will lose on Saturday, and I told him that he's right because that'd be the most Tennessee thing ever. Even developments that seem "good" on their face aren't good, or lead to bad things down the road.

2017 was the same way - another SEC East team (Florida) had a coach that was having a bad season, though probably not on the cusp of getting fired until he alleged fake death threats. They not only got to remove themselves from McElwain at a reduced buyout, but get a head start on the pursuit of Mullen ahead of Tennessee. Gus is always a loss or two away from the hot seat, and a loss at home to a really sh***y Tennessee team (who he also lost to 2 years ago) might do him in. Auburn has already gotten blown out by Georgia, lost to a sh***y South Carolina team that fired their coach, and likely would have lost to BOTH Ole Miss and Arkansas if it wasn't for bad officiating. They absolutely could be 2-4.

With our luck, we'll beat Auburn, lose to A&M and Florida by 50 points apiece, and lose to Vandy. We'll fire Pruitt, but Auburn will have fired Gus earlier and get Freeze. Tennessee, after a wandering 30-day coaching search, ends up hiring the assistant O-line coach from Oak Ridge HS.

Last edited:
Thanks to the unwarranted contract extension we are stuck with Pruitt even if we lose all remaining games to include Vandy. And the way our team is playing that’s a possibility.

It would be nice if we could start a Go Fund Me account to help get rid of Pruitt and JG now. Pruitt is horrible and he can take his beloved QB with him.

I mean 2-8 or even 3-7 isn’t acceptable and it’s very much looking that way. But they will use COVID as the reason we keep him. Which I’m not one of the people calling for his head. But I do expect to see changes made on the staff. No way the staff stays the same after this season.

I never liked the Pruitt hire in the 1st place. His Bama-ness just rubbed me the wrong way. He didn't just coach there...he is FROM there and is "roll tide" at his core. Probably grew up hating us...or at least looking down on us. Anyway...i was willing to look beyond that IF ...he started to win big w us...but he's so bad we are seriously discussing if Butch Jones was better. Pruitt is like the worst of all world's. That ridiculous burka he wears...and he seriously looks and sounds mildly retarded. No offense to the mentally challenged community. Add to that he's always sounded like he's done us this big favor by agreeing to come here with all his "winning pedigree." Pffft. He has NO FRIGGIN CLUE what he's doing. He checks zero boxes for me. Now he says he "ASSURES" us we've closed the gap w Bama...but it's "not showing on the scoreboard". As in the ONLY PLACE IT MATTERS. Dear Lord.

This. But he will be a very unpopular coach to start next season (unless he somehow pulls a miracle and claws back to 5-5, which is beyond highly unlikely).
If he goes 3 and 7 but the one win is Uf.Does he still get the boot or the crown.

Fulmer will never fire Pruitt, regardless of the record this year, or next. As long as Fulmer is AD, Pruitt will be here, because firing him, would require Fulmer to admit that he made a poor choice, and that is beyond the capabilities of his ego.
What evidence do you have to support that belief?

If we don't at least beat Vandy and show some improvement against TAM, Auburn, and Florida compared to what we've seen so far, he should be fired without a second's thought.

At 2-8, the (Haslam) Empire strikes back and donates enough money UT to pay both Phil and Pruitt buyouts, gets them fired, and sets up their own folks at AD and head football coach. Be careful what you wish for.

Reactions: VolinMC

VN Store

Back