1st off-season blemish/UT missed J. Hardy already signed?

Meh. Too much drama. Not going to do the whole "didn't want him anyway" thing, but this whole situation seems a bit odd.

As someone wise on here once said, let's concentrate on the ones we did get. This Hardy business is not in any way a blemish on Coach Pruitt or the program.

Reactions: 77' Vol
Meh. Too much drama. Not going to do the whole "didn't want him anyway" thing, but this whole situation seems a bit odd.

As someone wise on here once said, let's concentrate on the ones we did get. This Hardy business is not in any way a blemish on Coach Pruitt or the program.

Immature 18-year olds with self-esteem issues needing the attention for validation, I can understand. Adults with no home-training of their own failing to pass on any to their offspring, I can understand.

Millionaire coaches and their staffs shouldn't get hoodwinked this easily; they have their own dedicated database available to them to prevent just this kind of blunder... media's already raking Pruitt and UT over the coals.

Reactions: Sara Clark
Immature 18-year olds with self-esteem issues needing the attention for validation, I can understand. Adults with no home-training of their own failing to pass on any to their offspring, I can understand.

Millionaire coaches and their staffs shouldn't get hoodwinked this easily; they have their own dedicated database available to them to prevent just this kind of blunder... media's already raking Pruitt and UT over the coals.

Just curious what media is raking us over the coals?

Ummmm

1) Auburn and he didnt put his name on the portal as per the rules

2) one Auburn hack on social media doesn't equal "media's raking UT over the coals"

Someone posted a rule stating that a recruit had to inform other teams if he signs an NLI. UT's coaches have been to his BB games recently if I am not mistaken so at a minimum Hardy broke that rule if not others.

If I am in UT's recruiting office (assuming this report is true), I cause him as much trouble as I can. Hopefully he never plays a down for Auburn.
Little harsh to ruin a young man’s career don’t ya think? Maybe at that age he’s not getting great advice.. I understand the anger but c’mon that’s little too much..

Reactions: Boca Vol
The Bagman always gets his man Rodney Garner
He was great when with the Vols. Big part in recruiting that helped win national championship. we should have turned heaven and earth to keep him from going to Ga. him and Cut leaving was a big part of Fulmer’s downfall imo.

According to the article I linked to

I'd like to see that confirmed from an accredited NCAA source before I fully trust the blog writer or his source.
seems it would be real easy to see the date and time someone logged into the account and entered his name in the portal. Should be an electronic time stamp in there.

Also, seems there would also be an electronic time stamp in the system as to when UT logged into the system as well.

Someone is in the wrong, and would think the NCAA or their IT department could establish that pretty easily.

The whole point of the matter is that Hardy is a lier. If he wanted some kind of individual drama or, for some reason call attention to himself, he should have just said, "I've already signed with someone and I will announce it later". Instead, he just flat out lied and told our coaches he had not signed (according to reports). This shows what kind of integrity he has.....none.

Reactions: I40flyer
If this young man has a mental problem, the type that will do anything for more attention, then we don't need him. IF he is an attention hog, he has a better than average chance to cost the team penalty yards, Auburn can deal with it, we don't need to lose even one yard to penalties that we could have avoided through recruiting.

If it is true that he did sign and withheld that bit of information from UT as they continued to recruit him, I have to believe McCallie coach Ralph Potter isn’t happy.

Didn't Auburn just now put it in the system?

Just like any other recruit, if you don’t know that you want to be here in your knower.....we don’t want you here. It’s not good for you or us.

3 Tenn coaches were in Chatt this week watching him play along with the Auburn coaches.
The kid said he didn't sign. Looks like he signed something and didn't read. This is the first time I ever heard of something like this guess it caught the coaches off gaurd too. Hey if he hasn't gone to class then he can still back out according to coach O.

NCAA has Auburn basketball coaches on tape paying players and have done nothing. Don’t expect anything on this.

Reactions: GoBears

Get your facts straight. If it is not on a data base like it is supposed to be and the recruit is telling coaches he did not sign, then how is someone supposed to know he has not signed. Deceitful on both Auburn and the recruit.
Auburn coaches knew.
Auburn coaches knew it was a violation for coaches not with Auburn to contact him. Auburn coaches knew the player was lying that he had not signed.
Auburn coaches are supposed to be the adults.
UT coaches would have to be mind readers.

Reactions: GBOx2
Didn't Auburn just now put it in the system?
Been there for 3 weeks according to posts all over this site, and backed up by articles written/posted by both UT and AU fans. Said there was a spelling error on ESD, but that it was corrected no more than 3 days later... meaning either the UT staff didn't know of the database, or didn't bother to check it again from 3 days after ESD until now.

Frankly, the recruiting violation stuff is completely insignificant; every program has several secondary violations every single year, and this would be one of those, if anybody even bothered to make an issue of it... it doesn't even amount to a wrist slap.

The thing that would bother me is my coach getting caught with his pants down and not even knowing what's going on, either way; that's kind of embarrassing for a CEO with a 7-figure salary.

Get your facts straight. If it is not on a data base like it is supposed to be and the recruit is telling coaches he did not sign, then how is someone supposed to know he has not signed. Deceitful on both Auburn and the recruit.
Auburn coaches knew.
Auburn coaches knew it was a violation for coaches not with Auburn to contact him. Auburn coaches knew the player was lying that he had not signed.
Auburn coaches are supposed to be the adults.
UT coaches would have to be mind readers.
It was and is there, several posts confirming as much. But I will agree that it was deceitful on both the kid's part all along and AU's part for a few days. UT coaches don't have to be mind-readers; they just need to use all the tools at their disposal more often than once a month.

It was and is there, several posts confirming as much. But I will agree that it was deceitful on both the kid's part all along and AU's part for a few days. UT coaches don't have to be mind-readers; they just need to use all the tools at their disposal more often than once a month.

They trusted the database system (they checked it at deadline) , and they trusted the word from the recruit and his camp, there was no reason to check anymore but your desire to bash our coaches is understandable since you are a gator fan.

Who would bother checking the database for a kid that is saying he hasn’t signed and still appears to be looking? The situation is ridiculous and beyond the pale.

Reactions: 9876543vol

VN Store

Back