1st off-season blemish/UT missed J. Hardy already signed?

Auburn announced it yesterday, the kid was playing everyone
This is an assumption on my part. But I think the only reason they announced it, is because Hardy's mother tweeted her son signed with Auburn. Within a short time (hour or so), it was then announced by Auburn. Again, just an assumption, but mom let the cat out of the bag first.

With that kind of character, we don't want or need him on our team. Glad he is playing anywhere else. If I was Auburn, I would never trust him in anything I wanted him to do.

He SIGNED with Auburn. Which means they knew he was leading TN on....

How did all the recruiting industry journalists who were covering the Hardy story miss this fact until just now?

Did NOBODY check the database? Or is it only available to schools?
Every coach receives a sign on and password. It's not available to the general public or press.

Hardy made that a circus at the end. He is a great player that we wanted, but if you can’t be truthful to tell Tennessee coaches you already signed while they continue recruiting you, we may be better off. Integrity and honesty matters.

He SIGNED with Auburn. Which means they knew he was leading TN on....
That's the part of this that's not right. There are always flaky recruits and parents, but it's some seriously unprofessional BS that Auburn didn't step in once it was apparent what was happening.

That's the part of this that's not right. There are always flaky recruits and parents, but it's some seriously unprofessional BS that Auburn didn't step in once it was apparent what was happening.

Well it is Auburn we are talking about here. Not the least bit surprising to me.

Reactions: vollygirl
This is an assumption on my part. But I think the only reason they announced it, is because Hardy's mother tweeted her son signed with Auburn. Within a short time (hour or so), it was then announced by Auburn. Again, just an assumption, but mom let the cat out of the bag first.
That's right, the mom got tired of him playing games

Apparently J. Hardy signed with Auburn during the early signing period.

BREAKING: Jay Hardy signed with Auburn in December, Tennessee coach had no clue

If this is our biggest off-season blunder or snafu, I can live with it.

Nothing for UT to do but take it on the chin if the report is true. Any PR attempt to save face would just make us look silly if our coaching staff had the means to know and should have known.

I'm still flabbergasted wondering
1. Why Auburn didn't announce he signed, or at least announce that they had an unannounced player/s sign during the early period?
2. Aside from UT, How did none of the national media, particularly the recruiting services, not catch and report on this?
3. What was J. Hardy really thinking if he actually continued to take visits and proceed as if he were an eligible recruit?

Last but certainly not least, I want to know which of our assistants was directly responsible for his recruitment? I heard rumors last November from alumni friends that knew boosters(yeah yeah, I know what that credibility is worth...) that J. Hardy had been a sure commit to UT and bungling his recruitment might cost his primary recruiter his job after he verbally committed to Auburn.
BTW, I left the names out because hearsay rumors usually aren't worth the paper they're written on.
This is all a set up. Bottom line the kid his parents or Auburn could have said something

They don't like Pruitt...

I've been to Auburn in August and if Jay thinks the heat in Auburn is not hotter than in Tennessee then he has a shock coming when he suits up for summer practice. I can see Jay choking, puking, losing a lot of weight after each practice, etc. Jay you get what you ask for......GBO

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Every season-every school has those that commit, decommit, thinking about a commit-I need to be closer to my sick grandmother problem, etc. etc., we'll never know what we have until that first team meeting. This problem is going to get worse with the portal deal. Once the unlimited money can be paid to a player for his "likeness" it will be a new world, everything you think you know about recruiting will change that day. We will no longer see NCAA football (or any other sport) the same way again. We will suddenly join the "minor league" in the open. No longer will money have to change hands "in secret", but will be legal, and within the NCAA rules, thank you Komi-fornia.
And teams will find some other way to cheat to get an advantage.

Reactions: I40flyer
Well if that's the case she sure took her own sweet time about it.
I'm still not clear, is he 18 or 19 years old? Some are treating him as if he were still a boy, not capable of signing a contract, others think he is just a boy, one who still relies on his mama to wipe his nose, and decide where he plays etc. Does anyone know for sure if he is a grown man, or is he still just a boy (juvenile)?

So after you sign the loi you can continue to take official / unofficial visits? I was wondering a couple days ago, who pays for these visits? The player? If not how is that not a violation of extra benefits.
Should have to repay all monies spent on his recruitment after he signed. Same for the TE that went to GA.

If he signed his loi, I'm assuming this is a recruiting violation by the good guys. Did Tennessee not do their due diligence?

Pardon my ignorance on this topic but is there no way to officially check if a kid has signed with another team or do they really have to go on the kids and parents word on this?
This would actually fall back on the parents and recruit mostly because NCAA rules state any recruit that has signed a LOI must inform all coaches and schools who contact the recruit. Hardy did not notify Tennessee that he signed. He actually stated he had not signed which would make it worse on the recruit and his parents.

VN Store

Back