1st off-season blemish/UT missed J. Hardy already signed?

Probably over 1,000 names on that list. And Hardy himself said he wasn't signing on Early Signing Day. Why would you bother looking for a name that has said he didn't sign and reportedly stayed in contact?

Probably over 1,000 names on that list. And Hardy himself said he wasn't signing on Early Signing Day. Why would you bother looking for a name that has said he didn't sign and reportedly stayed in contact?
Price stated UT did look at the final cut off time. So who knows..

We don't need players like this "bought and paid for" by Aubie. We can find better players than this guy.

I don't have any firsthand information on this, but every year in recruiting there are a handful of recruits who go to mostly the same set of schools, who would fit into this category. This recruitment would seem to fit the M.O.

Reactions: KBVol
I look forward to this Auburn beat writer's retraction when he learns that his favorite university forgot to put the kid's name in the database (on top of the young man lying about it), and so every bit of the vitriol and disdain in his article for the Tennessee coaching staff is utterly misplaced.

I'm sure he'll be writing it up. Soon. Any time now. Surely on its way. ...

I look forward to this Auburn beat writer's retraction when he learns that his favorite university forgot to put the kid's name in the database (on top of the young man lying about it), and so every bit of the vitriol and disdain in his article for the Tennessee coaching staff is utterly misplaced.

I'm sure he'll be writing it up. Soon. Any time now. Surely on its way. ...
I hope so.

May we not even stub a toe this off-season.

If anyone looks bad it’s the kid. Intentionally jerking people around is not funny and it makes him look immature and petty. I hope he does nothing there

Reactions: I40flyer
Somebody reported that the coaches checked the database at the dateline and they didn't see his name, and everything coming from Hardy's camp indicated that he did not sign, based on that info, they continued to recruit him. It is a stretch to blame the coaches in this situation.

The article the op posted is an attempt by auburn to shift responsibility from Hardy and themselves towards UT.

Who cares? If he cant handle the grind at UT let him go elsewhere. We want guys on the hill not afraid to battle for playing time.

If he signed his loi, I'm assuming this is a recruiting violation by the good guys. Did Tennessee not do their due diligence?

Pardon my ignorance on this topic but is there no way to officially check if a kid has signed with another team or do they really have to go on the kids and parents word on this?
If Ed O taught us anything, he taunt us that until they attend class, they are fair game.

If anyone looks bad it’s the kid. Intentionally jerking people around is not funny and it makes him look immature and petty. I hope he does nothing there

giphy.gif

Reactions: Billy Ratliff
We might be better off here. Letting this kid in your program seems like about like letting OBJ in your locker room with his stripper money.

Maybe he will be a great player, maybe not.

But a kid that signs his LOI and then keeps going on with his recruitment like nothing happened has something going on between the ears.

Remember all the things that Volnation had to repair now that Cade Mays is a Vol? Let's not make that same mistake twice.
Yeah. I had to wait in line 3 hours outside the Mays house just to get my apology in...

Y'all give this forum and the general opinion of the fanbase way too much credit. The Mays family never gave one iota of a **** about what "Volnation" thought at any point in the process.. I promise you that.

Somebody reported that the coaches checked the database at the dateline and they didn't see his name, and everything coming from Hardy's camp indicated that he did not sign, based on that info, they continued to recruit him.
Link?

I searched around a little after I saw this article and didn't find anything else. I'm certainly no Google black belt though....

Apparently J. Hardy signed with Auburn during the early signing period.

BREAKING: Jay Hardy signed with Auburn in December, Tennessee coach had no clue

If this is our biggest off-season blunder or snafu, I can live with it.

Nothing for UT to do but take it on the chin if the report is true. Any PR attempt to save face would just make us look silly if our coaching staff had the means to know and should have known.

I'm still flabbergasted wondering
1. Why Auburn didn't announce he signed, or at least announce that they had an unannounced player/s sign during the early period?
2. Aside from UT, How did none of the national media, particularly the recruiting services, not catch and report on this?
3. What was J. Hardy really thinking if he actually continued to take visits and proceed as if he were an eligible recruit?

Last but certainly not least, I want to know which of our assistants was directly responsible for his recruitment? I heard rumors last November from alumni friends that knew boosters(yeah yeah, I know what that credibility is worth...) that J. Hardy had been a sure commit to UT and bungling his recruitment might cost his primary recruiter his job after he verbally committed to Auburn.
BTW, I left the names out because hearsay rumors usually aren't worth the paper they're written on.
Not a blunder by UT, this is not on Pruitt. Lying by Hardy and shenanigans by Auburn, that is all.

Let it go. Trust me this is a bullet that was dodged.

I predict problems with this one. Locker room for sure and outside of the locker room possible. I hope he gets it together for his sake, but I wouldn’t bet on it.

Let it go. Trust me this is a bullet that was dodged.

I predict problems with this one. Locker room for sure and outside of the locker room possible. I hope he gets it together for his sake, but I wouldn’t bet on it.
I don't even blame the kid here. At some point an adult -either a parent or Auburn official- needed to step in here. They had to know that he was still being recruited.

The writer is a moron. The idea that Pruitt and Ansley, having been at Alabama recently, Chaney at Ga last year, Tee at USC, etc wouldn't be aware there's a database is just absurd. Obviously, they checked and his name wasn't there. Auburn should take the fall for not promptly entering his name. They're pretty well known to be crooked, probably in several sports

Here is a snippet from an article on SDS:
View attachment 255177

Please note his January 18 response.

While I really shouldn’t have to say this, and it should apply to every potential recruit, let’s not bad mouth the young man. Yes, it will be disappointing if he doesn’t sign with us, but all these young men are only doing what they think is best for them. For the ones we miss, we just need to do a better job of convincing them Tennessee is the best place for them. As we are on an upswing, I get the feeling it won’t be long before most recruits will be clamoring to come here.
Actually the kid is a liar and played a lot of people. Auburn announced his signing and his mom had to come out and say he signed. He played Tennessee and a few other schools. So the kid is a liar and was still seeking the attention of the recruiting process.

Reactions: KBVol

VN Store

Back