1998 Florida vs Tennessee

98 game was magical, still have vivid memories of Shawn Bryson’s long run, Tee’s moon ball that Peerless somehow caught for a TD, Deon Grants come out of nowhere pick and of course Al Wilson bring a one man wrecking crew. And of course the missed gator kick in OT haha.

Reactions: BowlBrother85

Interesting watch leading to this game. We lost this game probably 20x and yet still somehow won. We definitely don't need to panic if things star to look rough tomorrow.

The Florida/Tennessee rivalry is filled with games like that. In 99,00 we were the better team and still lost. In 96 we ended up outgaining the eventual national champions by more than 200 yards but turnovers in the first 20 minutes were our demise. Doesn’t matter how ugly we play just gotta win

Reactions: volbound1700
The Florida/Tennessee rivalry is filled with games like that. In 99,00 we were the better team and still lost. In 96 we ended up outgaining the eventual national champions by more than 200 yards but turnovers in the first 20 minutes were our demise. Doesn’t matter how ugly we play just gotta win

Yeah and in truth, Florida often doesn't play well against us as well with the exception of some of the blow out years where they had us significantly beat in talent.

I think even when Florida is "bad" they still have a lot of talent because they are in Florida.

Reactions: ENGRVOL
I was there. Nothing I can type could accurately describe it
I was there as well and you’re right words can’t describe that night. Neyland was literally shaking. I know OU game was loud (I was at that game too ) but I still think that night was the loudest I’ve ever experienced Neyland.

Still remember this game like it was yesterday. I was out and about chasing women....had to listen to it on the radio. The good ole days!

VN Store

Back