1989 Vols vs. UCLA

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
I am archiving all of my old VHS tapes to DVD. Right now I am watching the 1989 UCLA game. Man we ran ALL OVER them with Cobb and Webb. That was one great duo.

Reactions: TrentVol
I don't remember being "injury prone". I remember he tore up his knee against Pacific. That was a shame.

The best I ever remember. I think he and Jamal (before his injury) we two of most talented backs the Vols have had.

It was Webb's explosiveness that really made him dangerous....if Chucky would have been on the 98 team then we might have blown EVERYONE out.

Originally posted by vol_freak@Aug 14, 2005 12:01 AM
I am archiving all of my old VHS tapes to DVD. Right now I am watching the 1989 UCLA game. Man we ran ALL OVER them with Cobb and Webb. That was one great duo.
[snapback]126413[/snapback]​

I believe that was the defining game that you can point to that proved to everybody that Tennessee football was ready to move to the next level.

Reactions: TrentVol
Originally posted by vol_freak@Aug 13, 2005 11:16 PM
The best I ever remember. I think he and Jamal (before his injury) we two of most talented backs the Vols have had.
[snapback]126435[/snapback]​

J-Lew couldn't bring Travis Henry or Travis Stephens gatorade on my team

Originally posted by Jmxvol@Aug 14, 2005 10:38 AM
J-Lew couldn't bring Travis Henry or Travis Stephens gatorade on my team
[snapback]126499[/snapback]​

Really? Before he got hurt I thought Jamal had one of the best combinations of power and speed I had seen since Herschel Walker. That being said Henry and Stephens are two of my favorites. I thought both of those guys, although not as talented as Lewis, played with a lot of heart.

Yeah, Lewis still could have made something happen with no heart involved......

Jamal Lewis was probably the best we've had...Travis Henry was very good, maybe a little bit better at times but without a doubt, Jamal was the best we had.

Im a Lewis fan!
But without some Cheese in that mix, It would have never made a great combo.(pending injuries to both)

I've spoke Henry & Riggs in the same sentence. Riggs shows hints of some great, missed me once, Gimme 6 for now!

No fancy feet' Just North and South and secure the ball! PLEASE :clapping:

This got way off topic. Its just hard to match up then, between, and now.

What we have and what we havent seen yet.

VN Store

Back