1970's and 80's Football on YouTube

LookinUp

Almost everyone around me at work and in the family has quit sports over the liberal agenda stuff at UT (Berkely East) and with the players so I have been watching football from the good ole days. Nebraska vs. Oklahoma with those powerful wishbone offenses is something to see. Players are bigger and stronger today but the hitting was much harder back then. Very much more physical. It's also great to see all the blocking to make the wishbone so effective. I also like the fact that it is pure football and they are not slinging the ball all over the field like an xbox game. Glad I found the older games. Much more enjoyable to watch. To heck with the agenda that universities, players and the federal government wants to brainwash us with. Check out YouTube with these games.....when real men played the game.

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe and oz615
If you are hearing some kind of political commentary during college football games then are clearly more attuned to it than I am.
Or it could depend on where the person stands politically........................................just sayin'

tumblr_c003f21d2fd3ac4eef7a594dce5b6ca5_a0fffc5e_500.gif

I think it was on Gameday. But there was plenty of mentions by the announcers during the games and every conference has their "BLM" commercials.

For as much as I love college football, not watching a game because of a political commercial or announcer’s comment is the equivalent of burning down my house to kill a tarantula because I’m afraid of spiders.

I think it was on Gameday. But there was plenty of mentions by the announcers during the games and every conference has their "BLM" commercials.
To call those TV spots "BLM commercials" is kind of a misnomer. Those commercials basically were "racism is bad and we're against it," which is hardly controversial.

Call them a virtue signal if you like; in fact, they probably were, but it isn't like they were saying "We support the BLM organization." It is clear they were aired when they were in response to the George Floyd protests. If that motivates you enough to turn off the TV, then you must really not like college football.

For as much as I love college football, not watching a game because of a political commercial or announcer’s comment is the equivalent of burning down my house to kill a tarantula because I’m afraid of spiders.

I rarely have the volume on when watching a game. Watching the Bama/ Ohio St. game on the Skycam channel was outstanding. Yes, it took a little getting used to the camera angles, but only having the stadium announcer was great.

I rarely have the volume on when watching a game. Watching the Bama/ Ohio St. game on the Skycam channel was outstanding. Yes, it took a little getting used to the camera angles, but only having the stadium announcer was great.

UF’s radio play by play guy is straight up garbage, so I’m forced to being indoctrinated and brainwashed by whatever pinko, liberal commie-loving announcer CBS, ESPN or SECN has calling our game on a particular Saturday.

UF’s radio play by play guy is straight up garbage, so I’m forced to being indoctrinated and brainwashed by whatever pinko, liberal commie-loving announcer CBS, ESPN or SECN has calling our game on a particular Saturday.

Mick Huber (sp?)? Oh MY!

He's on a bunch of car commercials down here.

Vern was a Fascist and Gary is a nihilist.

This is, without a doubt, the most ridiculous call of a sporting event that I have ever heard. If you didn't know he was Florida's announcer, you'd think this was a parody.

That clip is Exhibit A on why Mick Hubert is the worst play-by-play announcer in all of college football. The full call of that play is even worse...the video clip edited out the unnecessary drama. He’s like a really bad parody of Jim Brockmire and Bob Eucker’s character in Major League, minus the humor and entertainment value.

Mick Hubert is an embarrassment to the broadcasting profession. He’s a clown.

Last edited:
Reactions: 05_never_again

VN Store

Back