19 students, 3 adults dead in Texas elementary shooting.

In other words, you can’t deny the point
I'm saying two things:
1. I think a teacher being able to carry a gun should be their choice, not something made mandatory or just given out on a wholesale basis
2. Arming teachers doesn't go to the root of the problem. This is a spiritual/moral issue

Not if they don’t know which teachers and where they are. Ever did a tornado evacuation in school? They did it every quarter at mine. We all knew what to do in the event of a tornado. Same principle
If every or a large number of teachers are known to carry a pistol, then the teacher will become the first target.

Last edited:
Reactions: K-town Vol Fan
When you lose touch with reality you grab a gun. This is the basic problem rn. If you were not complete domestic terrorists with your rights, there would be no reason to delegate them. You can't handle yourselves as basic grown human beings. You have to go off the deep end armed.
Lay off the meth

I'm saying two things:
1. I think a teacher being able to carry a gun should be their choice, not something made mandatory or just given out on a wholesale basis
2. Arming teachers doesn't go to the root of the problem. This is a spiritual/moral issue
I understand and I’m not saying mandatory either. It should be their choice. Mandatory in the office though.

That's a speed safe. Some use a finger print to access. This particular one is designed for a single pistol.

What happens is those same students jump a cop and take their pistol?
Could happen, but SROs are trained in self defense. Are we going to be training our teachers the same as police officers?

In a country with around 1/3 a billion people, someone commits an unimaginable act, and people want to extrapolate it over the entire society. As some type of measure that says this is where we stand and this is what we are.

Doesn’t make sense to me.

No different than with something like Derek Chauvin.

Could happen, but SROs are trained in self defense. Are we going to be training our teachers the same as police officers?

No need to. That pistol is only for the unthinkable. If it is in a locked biometric safe (needing a finger print to open) then no threat of a student getting their hands on it to begin with. You could make a requirement for open carry that the person that open carried had to be trained, or have past police or military training. More than one way to skin a cat, and having gun free zones is just asking for another tragedy.

Reactions: Tnslim1 and 1vol8
When you lose touch with reality you grab a gun. This is the basic problem rn. If you were not complete domestic terrorists with your rights, there would be no reason to delegate them. You can't handle yourselves as basic grown human beings. You have to go off the deep end armed.

You ok?

No need to. That pistol is only for the unthinkable. If it is in a locked biometric safe (needing a finger print to open) then no threat of a student getting their hands on it to begin with. You could make a requirement for open carry that the person that open carried had to be trained, or have past police or military training. More than one way to skin a cat, and having gun free zones is just asking for another tragedy.
It just opens a can of worms. Undoubtedly there would be a teacher getting his gun stolen or a teacher using his gun to break up a fight.

VN Store

Back