'19 NC OLB Lee Kpogba (Syracuse Commit)

Patterson visited last week before heading to the Bama cookout. We're in his top 4, but probably not his top 2. I think we'd have better odds if he were in the '20 class. And To'oto'o is going to take an OV in the fall, but won't decide until Jan or Feb. So the coaches will probably slow-play Kpogba until we see how many spots fill in the next month or so.

Reactions: 1 person
Yes. I have been combing over his playbook from Georgia and his playbook from Bama (nick’s but he modified it).... you will see all kinds of personnel groups out there.. 4-2 3-4 3-3 2-4 1-5... all that stuff is over blown as far as what you have down and what you have up.

I am thinking about putting a couple concepts up from his playbook so people will know what they are seeing... makes it more fun imo...

Film Room: Alabama's hybrid defensive front another Nick Saban innovation

Here is a good link that shows just how versatile the 3-4 defense can be. In one half against Vandy last year, Alabama had 30 defensive snaps. They lined up in 23 different formations. Certainly the defense revolves around 3 down linemen and 4 linebackers, but with the variety and complexity of offenses at the top levels of college football, a winning defense needs to be able to adapt to anything. The Saban/Smart/Pruitt defense can do that.

There is another great article that goes into how the front seven lines up in three and four man fronts in both four and five DB sets. I'll try to find it. But the link above is a good "Part 0" for anyone wanting to learn about how the Vols will try to stop offenses.

P.S. I also recommend folks watch the Coaches' Film Room version of the CFP from last year. While it doesn't involve Alabama or Georgia coaches, Gary Patterson (TCU) goes into some of the nuances of their defenses.

Film Room: Alabama's hybrid defensive front another Nick Saban innovation

Here is a good link that shows just how versatile the 3-4 defense can be. In one half against Vandy last year, Alabama had 30 defensive snaps. They lined up in 23 different formations. Certainly the defense revolves around 3 down linemen and 4 linebackers, but with the variety and complexity of offenses at the top levels of college football, a winning defense needs to be able to adapt to anything. The Saban/Smart/Pruitt defense can do that.

There is another great article that goes into how the front seven lines up in three and four man fronts in both four and five DB sets. I'll try to find it. But the link above is a good "Part 0" for anyone wanting to learn about how the Vols will try to stop offenses.

P.S. I also recommend folks watch the Coaches' Film Room version of the CFP from last year. While it doesn't involve Alabama or Georgia coaches, Gary Patterson (TCU) goes into some of the nuances of their defenses.
Thanks dude. I have a friend that was a part of the staff with Pruitt at bama and Ga.
I have gotten instruction from them, that’s how I know about their defense. It is some pretty awesome stuff, that seems like a good resource though.

Kpogba was an early commitment for West Virginia and has remained solidly committed since then, but Tennessee got a visit from him during the offseason. The Vols aren’t exactly pushing for Kpogba to flip right now, but there’s definitely interest on Kpogba's part to take another visit to Knoxville.
Tennessee may not be the only other school to get a visit from Kpogba. He’s made it known that he would like to take other visits as well, but it still seems like a bit of a long shot that Kpogba would end up flipping. Still, It is worth following his recruitment all the way up until Signing Day, because crazy things always happen later in the process.
—Friedman, Rivals

IIRC he was higher on us than we were/are on him. Think we have some other LB's rated higher than him. Supposedly has more straight line speed than anything.

His team just got beat in the playoffs. App St coaches son Bryce Satterfield rushed 318 and 6 tds. He must of had fun chasing Satterfield all night.

Unlike us. :)

giphy.gif

Reactions: SweetasSoda

VN Store

Back