'19 MD PF Olivier Robinson-Nkamhoua (Signed 5/8/2019)

Would you say this kid is ahead of where GW was coming in as a freshman or about the same?
I get the comparison people want to make but I feel they are much different, especially at the same stage....ORN is more of a finesse guy right now who has good perimeter skills for a guy his size and a decent jump shot, GW was a very strong bully down low who didn’t have much of a game outside 10’ early on...I feel like at similar stages their games were very opposite from a positional standpoint, but obviously GW developed his weaknesses, if ORN can develop his post game to where GW’s was then he has the potential to also be a very good player here.

One thing going for ORN is that he’s 6’9” where GW obviously wasn’t ever going to be.

Like this get, he's a longer Admiral type who can play all over the court. Wonder if he has a good jumper?

He has the same initials (ORN) as Oak Ridge National laboratory.
This guy could go nuclear!

Also, being from Finland, he can definitely Finnish.
Besides that, you can't spell ORANGE without ORN.

I...I don't know whether to like this, or put you on ignore.

I liked it. Sounds like something my mum would have come up with.

I get the comparison people want to make but I feel they are much different, especially at the same stage....ORN is more of a finesse guy right now who has good perimeter skills for a guy his size and a decent jump shot, GW was a very strong bully down low who didn’t have much of a game outside 10’ early on...I feel like at similar stages their games were very opposite from a positional standpoint, but obviously GW developed his weaknesses, if ORN can develop his post game to where GW’s was then he has the potential to also be a very good player here.

One thing going for ORN is that he’s 6’9” where GW obviously wasn’t ever going to be.
Cant teach height. So would ORN be more of a Tobias Harris kind of guy?

Has this young man recently reclassified? Is that why hes so late committing for the 2019 season?

He has the same initials (ORN) as Oak Ridge National laboratory.
This guy could go nuclear!

Also, being from Finland, he can definitely Finnish.
Besides that, you can't spell ORANGE without ORN.

Wow. Step back Kobe'.

I think ORN has good long term potential but once again, another project that probably won’t play a lot in year one.

Not a huge fan that 3/4 frosh are guys that are most likely gonna need a year in the system.

I think ORN has good long term potential but once again, another project that probably won’t play a lot in year one.

Not a huge fan that 3/4 frosh are guys that are most likely gonna need a year in the system.
I’m all for it, because of the skills we’re bringing in. We’re gonna be a match up nightmare for most teams in 2-3 years, of course, IF everyone pans out. Gaines, DP, and ORN don’t need to play right away imo. So at this point they’re good takes, based on potential and we can afford to give them time to develop. If we’re not consistently recruiting 5/4 stars, I’d rather us recruit projects who have skills that most players don’t.

I like his upside for sure. I think he can even help us year one. Obviously the amount he'll need to help us depends on Grant coming back.

For the scholarship watch people, this is just Walker's replacement. If Bone and/or Grant leaves, than we'd have 1 or 2 spots open this year. Doubt we'd use both unless we get Dante to reclassify and get Cone or Stone (he also would have to reclassify) to commit. Most likely one would be Stone, but no guarantee he'll reclassify yet.

I’m all for it, because of the skills we’re bringing in. We’re gonna be a match up nightmare for most teams in 2-3 years, of course, IF everyone pans out. Gaines, DP, and ORN don’t need to play right away imo. So at this point they’re good takes, based on potential and we can afford to give them time to develop. If we’re not consistently recruiting 5/4 stars, I’d rather us recruit projects who have skills that most players don’t.
I rather just recruit the 4/5 stars who already have the skills

Reactions: Special Ed

VN Store

Back