'19 LA DT Ishmael Sopsher (Alabama transfer)

If we can't close on more DL this year, we may have to go the portal route. Or hope some guys come back (since this is a free year) and get better.

IDK about last year but I was thinking he did not stand out. Middleton is the only one last year that stood out at times. At least he is the only one I remember seeing or hearing about.
do you realize how busy an interior lineman has to be to "stand out"? We're talking ELITE... their job is to maintain the line of scrimmage and free up the LBs to make plays

do you realize how busy an interior lineman has to be to "stand out"? We're talking ELITE... their job is to maintain the line of scrimmage and free up the LBs to make plays
That’s true.

Edit: But they are expected to get some push especially on passing plays. I’m not stating Solomon did a poor job last year. The only D Lineman I remember being mention in disrupting plays some of the time last year was Middleton. Not a slight to any of the other DL, they did not stand out or make their presence known.

Last edited:
Do NOT want Sopsher. There is a reason Saban kick him to the curb & He is overweight & LAZY !!! He played in 1 game ( last year ) & has NOT played this year

Reactions: #Vol4Life1991
Do NOT want Sopsher. There is a reason Saban kick him to the curb & He is overweight & LAZY !!! He played in 1 game ( last year ) & has NOT played this year[/QUOTE

Article quotes a teammate as saying he lost 30 lbs and was only 310. Not sure how you can be that lazy and drop that much weight. 🤷‍♂️

Article quotes teammate as saying he dropped 30 lbs and was down to 310. Not sure how you can be lazy and drop that much weight. 🤷‍♂️
I live in Baton Rouge. Everybody here in Louisiana knows all about him. Coach O & LSU very happy they did NOT sign Sopsher !!!! Again, why did Saban kick him to the curb ???? LAZY player in high school & college....Don't care what an ex-teammate says about him.... Also, he got paid to sign with Bama !!!!

I live in Baton Rouge. Everybody here in Louisiana knows all about him. Coach O & LSU very happy they did NOT sign Sopsher !!!! Again, why did Saban kick him to the curb ???? LAZY player in high school & college....Don't care what an ex-teammate says about him.... Also, he got paid to sign with Bama !!!!
Wonder if you’re friends with Brady Hoke

Reactions: SoilVol
How much pray tell?

I just gotta know if you speak in the same exclamatory tone in which you type

Have you reported it to the NCAA?

Reactions: SoilVol

VN Store

Back