Position OT
Height/Weight 6'5"/280
No. 72
Home
Trussville, AL

SCOUT - Pierce Quick, Hewitt-Trussville HS OT - Photos - Scout

247 - Pierce Quick, Hewitt-Trussville, Offensive Tackle

Offers - Auby, Memphis, UT, Jacksonville St., UAB

Committed to Bama but Vols offered yesterday.

[twitter]https://twitter.com/piercequick/status/943568330757234688[/twitter]

five-star junior offensive tackle pierce quick of hewitt-trussville high school in trussville, ala., an alabama commitment, told 247sports' hank south on monday that he's planning to attend tennessee's junior day on saturday.

The 6-foot-5, 285-pound quick, who has been committed to the crimson tide since april, said he will be visiting the vols for the first time.

The vols' previous staff extended a scholarship offer to him more than a year ago, and new tennessee coach jeremy pruitt's staff reaffirmed the offer to quick on dec. 20, less than two weeks after pruitt's hiring.

Quick holds offers from more than 20 schools, including auburn, clemson, georgia, florida, florida state, lsu, miami, michigan, oklahoma and texas a&m.

He's ranked the no. 25 overall prospect and no. 4 offensive tackle in the industry-generated 247sports composite for the 2019 class.

Interesting stuff from rivals. apparenty the connection is Niedemeyer. He said every time he would visit Bama he was side by side with him at all times.They are extremely close and tight from his time at Bama is what Quick told Rivals.

Selling immediate playing time. Hard pull still but never know. Day 1 starting with people you can trust can go along way

Interesting stuff from rivals. apparenty the connection is Niedemeyer. He said every time he would visit Bama he was side by side with him at all times.They are extremely close and tight from his time at Bama is what Quick told Rivals.

Selling immediate playing time. Hard pull still but never know. Day 1 starting with people you can trust can go along way

yeah you can never say never but this kid is actually recruiting for Bama

Reactions: 1 person
But he’s from Bama? :)

Past: Recruit Alabama!

Present: He ain't coming here no chance

Future: why aren't we freaking recruiting Alabama

Rinse and repeat.

Might as well start one for instate too

Recruit TN!

TN kids don't like TN they want to explore the world

Why aren't we recruiting instate?

Reactions: 3 people
Past: Recruit Alabama!

Present: He ain't coming here no chance

Future: why aren't we freaking recruiting Alabama

Rinse and repeat.

Might as well start one for instate too

Recruit TN!

TN kids don't like TN they want to explore the world

Why aren't we recruiting instate?

Winning formula. :shades:

Niedermeyer is a star recruiter in the making. No wonder Pruitt offered him an on field role.

From SEC Country:

Anyone who follows recruiting knows it often comes down who the recruit has the best relationships, with and this can benefit Tennessee.

One relationship, in particular, has put Tennessee in a potential place to flip Alabama commit Pierce Quick, according to Rivals’ Chad Simmons.

Coach Jeremy Pruitt brought with him a staff member from Alabama, which has opened the door for Tennessee. Quick plans to visit Knoxville this weekend despite being committed to the Crimson Tide for about 10 months.

“This will be my first time ever in Tennessee, so I am ready for it,” Quick told Simmons. “I knew Coach Pruitt, but he wasn’t really a coach I knew that well at Alabama, but me and Coach [Brian] Niedermeyer were extremely close.

“Every time I would visit Alabama, I would be around him, we would talk a lot and we were super tight. So, him being at Tennessee is something that is pretty cool and we still have a good relationship.”

Niedermeyer has the least experience on a young coaching staff. He brings great energy and a work ethic that won over Pruitt while they were at Alabama.

This seems to have charmed Quick, as well.

Tennessee needs to rebuild its depleted offensive line in a hurry. Quick can go a long way in aiding the effort. He rates as a 5-star tackle and the No. 25 prospect in the country, according to the 247Sports composite.

The Vols’ main pitch this weekend and moving forward is a better chance at early playing time. With his talent, that’s not too surprising.

Niedermeyer has also pushed for Quick to develop a relationship with offensive line coach Will Friend. He’s a good recruiter in his own right.

“He is really a cool guy and his grandparents are from Trussville (Ala.), so that is pretty cool,” Quick said. “He has been recruiting me hard and he knows the area I am from, so we will talk more when I get up there.”

Having as many strong relationships as possible will be important the later his recruitment gets.

The 6-foot-5, 285-pound Alabama native won’t be an easy flip from the Crimson Tide. When a talent like his leaves a slight chance, though, it’s wise to pursue it.

In other words.. no chance

Very talented and hard working kid. Got cleared by doctors on a Friday and was working out on a Sunday. Extremely hard flip to tell the truth.

VN Store

Back