1883 (Paramount+) December 19th

On Sunday (February 27th), Tim McGraw posted a video to Instagram just ahead of the 1883 finale. “This is the last episode, and we had so much fun making this show. My favorite thing was getting to work with my wife, but getting to work alongside Sam Elliott, who’s just a legend. Everything that you’d ever think that he was, he lived up to, he was one of the nicest, sweetest guys in the world,” the country singer said. “But one particular day, I told Sam, I said, ‘Thanks for doing this and being a part of this and I just want to let you know that I’ve learned so much from watching you,’ and he just looked at me and said, ‘Oh, yeah? Well, I haven’t learned a (blanking) thing from you.’ … So, thanks, Sam. Enjoyed it,” McGraw said.

Late to the party, but we finally got around to watching 1883, and holy smokes did Elsa go from great character to worst character on the show in a heartbeat.

She could’ve been great, but basically amounted to forced loved angle with an annoying voiceover

Late to the party, but we finally got around to watching 1883, and holy smokes did Elsa go from great character to worst character on the show in a heartbeat.

She could’ve been great, but basically amounted to forced loved angle with an annoying voiceover
I was glad she died, made for a happy ending.

After Yellowstone, I find 1883 to be boring and repetitive. Outside of McGraw and Garrett, I really dislike the rest of the cast. I exclude elliott because he's just too damned old for that role. A real letdown so far. Need less whining and emotional tripe and more action....JMO.

Sorry to quote an old post, but my wife said that last night as well

Last edited:

VN Store

Back