'18 TN RB Master Teague

Tennessee never had a shot with him...remember our circumstances. We were going through yet another coaching change and Pruitt and Co (we now know) were shady as crap. I don't think we ever recruited this kid "hard". This kid is as high character of a kid as I have ever seen. He is the EXACT type of kid you want to be a part of your program...even if it is short term for a year. The point is that he isn't staying at OSU next year. I think he is a take for us all day long.
Tennessee wouldn’t have had a shot with him regardless. He was an OSU lock as soon as that offer came through

Considering he’s not in the portal, I’d say he wants to be at OSU. Kinda the obvious answer unless he enters portal

He shouldnt be thinking "next year" right now. He's on a team playing for a NC. His thoughts should be on that. Who knows when their number is called. There will be plenty of time for "next year" after this season is completed.

He shouldnt be thinking "next year" right now. He's on a team playing for a NC. His thoughts should be on that. Who knows when their number is called. There will be plenty of time for "next year" after this season is completed.

Obviously, he is all in on finishing this season strong and the right way. That's the kind of kid he is. However, he did choose to participate in Sr Day activities a year early, so I think he believes he won't be there next year.

Reactions: volsagain
Obviously, he is all in on finishing this season strong and the right way. That's the kind of kid he is. However, he did choose to participate in Sr Day activities a year early, so I think he believes he won't be there next year.

I understand and can support that decision. My comment was more toward the questions of why he wasnt in the portal. Its entirely too early for him to be in the portal and still playing.

I hope Tennessee looks elsewhere. I know this isnt popular but I'd not take instate kids that Tennessee recruited hard back if they elect to go elsewhere out of high school. Teague made the decision to go with O$U and thats where he should stay. Surely Heupel, with this offense, can find better than that.
Like Cade Mays?

Tennessee never had a shot with him...remember our circumstances. We were going through yet another coaching change and Pruitt and Co (we now know) were shady as crap. I don't think we ever recruited this kid "hard". This kid is as high character of a kid as I have ever seen. He is the EXACT type of kid you want to be a part of your program...even if it is short term for a year. The point is that he isn't staying at OSU next year. I think he is a take for us all day long.
Hopefully this staff is shady as crap unless we want to start enjoying a ceiling of 6-7 wins per year. Everyone cheats. We just have weak people on the hill that want do what other universities do to the NCAA when they come knocking.

Like Cade Mays?

Exactly. I wouldnt have taken Cade Mays back either. I know that's not popular but if I were head coach, I'd tell a young man "this is a decision you need to think long about cause this train dont come back around."

Hey, I understand these guys have alot of hometown fans on here but if you're going to close down the state, you cant be everyone's "fall back" plan. JMO

Hopefully this staff is shady as crap unless we want to start enjoying a ceiling of 6-7 wins per year. Everyone cheats. We just have weak people on the hill that want do what other universities do to the NCAA when they come knocking.
Lol

We are going to win 7 games in year 1, maybe 8 with a bowl win, and you think 6-7 wins per year is our ceiling unless we start cheating??? Haha

Teague has only played in 7 games this year due to injuries......healthy, he’s their #2 back.
1,500 career yards.

I’d say zero chance he leaves
Why did he go thru Senior Day as a RS Junior? I think it is very possible he takes advantage of grad transfer opportunity he has. If it was not an option at all he would not have gone thru Senior Day.

Why did he go thru Senior Day as a RS Junior? I think it is very possible he takes advantage of grad transfer opportunity he has. If it was not an option at all he would not have gone thru Senior Day.
I didn’t know he went through that ceremony. Huh. That changes things.

Thanks.

Reactions: InVOLuntary

Yes Master is a high character kid. From the day he got tOSU offer his recruitment was a done deal. His recruiting from a UT standpoint was 100% dead when CJP got here so please stop making stuff up. The same guy who trains him does work for NPA and his dream was tOSU. Honestly he likes it there so much I can see him staying. On the flip side I can see him transferring to get more PT but in all honesty I can see him staying and being ok with being a role guy next yr.

Yes Master is a high character kid. From the day he got tOSU offer his recruitment was a done deal. His recruiting from a UT standpoint was 100% dead when CJP got here so please stop making stuff up. The same guy who trains him does work for NPA and his dream was tOSU. Honestly he likes it there so much I can see him staying. On the flip side I can see him transferring to get more PT but in all honesty I can see him staying and being ok with being a role guy next yr.
From everything I read about the kid, he seems like an outstanding young man; all the things I read back during his recruitment...won't surprise me a bit if he stays, just seems like that type of kid.

While I'd love to have him, if he does decide to transfer, I'd much rather have Gibbs, if he decides to leave GT. That's not a knock on Teague, at all...I just think Gibbs is on a whole other level, elite, and would absolutely blow up in Heupel’s offense.

"making stuff up"? We are in 100% agreement. He shut it down when he got the OSU offer. I just didn't say it as explicitly as you did. I still stand by my statement that we never had a realistic shot of signing him. He is one of the best kids I've ever been around and wish him nothing but the best. I just selfishly want to see him in orange for a year.

Reactions: LittleVol and jp1
Talked to several OSU fans and they don't think he will be on the team next year. They are only fans, so it's not like they have any inside knowledge. He has been injured this year, but he's had 40 less carries in the same amount of games he played in during the 2020 season. I expect this trend to continue if he stays at OSU and Henderson stays healthy.

The defining statement in this debate is that he went through Ohio St Senior Day. You don't go through that if you are coming back. Where he goes will be determined after their season ends.

Reactions: tbones0711

VN Store

Back