'18 TN OL Jerome Carvin (UT signee)

If he commits today or morrow?
2mm5zmA.gif

Reactions: 4 people
The Skinny: The 6-foot-4, 320-pound offensive tackle is Tennessee’s top option for its final OL spot. After another fruitful visit during ‘Orange Carpet Day,’ Carvin continues to trend toward the Vols. He’s good buddies with Cam Jones, whose recruitment we documented above, and he’s developed strong relationships with OL coach Walt Wells and UT commits Cade Mays, Adrian Martinez and others. Alabama remains Tennessee’s biggest competition, and the Tide hope to get Carvin to visit in mid-July before he makes a decision.

-VQ

Reactions: 6 people
Talk in the Tanner Antonutti thread about options if Carvin goes elsewhere.

What's the likelihood there? I thought he was a pretty much a silent commit.

The Skinny: The 6-foot-4, 320-pound offensive tackle is Tennessee’s top option for its final OL spot. After another fruitful visit during ‘Orange Carpet Day,’ Carvin continues to trend toward the Vols. He’s good buddies with Cam Jones, whose recruitment we documented above, and he’s developed strong relationships with OL coach Walt Wells and UT commits Cade Mays, Adrian Martinez and others. Alabama remains Tennessee’s biggest competition, and the Tide hope to get Carvin to visit in mid-July before he makes a decision.

Is it me or when "Skinny" is followed by "6-4, 320 pound offensive tackle" it catches my eye. :eek:lol:

Reactions: 3 people
At offensive line, the Vols remain in good shape for offensive tackle Jerome Carvin, but the Memphis native is very likely to visit Alabama after the dead period. If Tennessee can survive that trip, then Carvin is likely to commit sometime in mid-July.

-VQ

Reactions: 2 people
I keep seeing the Rivals group refer to Carvin as an OT prospect. At 6'4" 320 lbs, he seems to be ideal for OG and I suspect that is where he will end up.

This board has projected everyone from Trey Smith to Cade Mays as future OGs...SOMEBODY has to play OT. :)

Not true… We are taking all of the long and large frame OLBs and converting them to DEs.

Or threatening to. Damn shame, UT is telling Jubinor, they want to move him to DE, when he wants to play OLB. He's the big time LB we need, especially if UT only takes one

Reactions: 1 person
LOL It's the same with DL too. Pretty much every DE we recruit is projected to move to DT as well with nobody left to play DE.

I know it's good to recruit lineman that can play multiple positions, but give me two true tackles every year and a couple more who can play that can play every spot. You think that our fascination with moving players is because Fulmer used to recruit ends and move them to tackle linebackers to ends and safety's to linebacker?

I know it's good to recruit lineman that can play multiple positions, but give me two true tackles every year and a couple more who can play that can play every spot. You think that our fascination with moving players is because Fulmer used to recruit ends and move them to tackle linebackers to ends and safety's to linebacker?

Would also convert a DL to OL on you. Jason Layman was a salty OL for us and played in the NFL, but I always thought he would've starred on the defensive side that he was recruited for.

VN Store

Back