'18 TN LB Cam Jones

On Friday and Saturday, the 6-3, 205-pound prospect was back on Rocky Top as a part of 'Orange Carpet Day,' and afterward Jones admitted he's pretty comfortable with the Vols.

“I have been up here like five times already, but seeing the coaches and what all they can do for me and how they treat me is really nice,” Jones said. “Tennessee is high up there. I love it there. I will be back.”

One of the things that Jones likes most about the Vols is how honest they are with him about everything. “They keep it real with me,” Jones said. “With the coaches I have never been around a group of people who are real with me like that. “I saw it right away. The second we started communicating I saw it.”

Jones recently decommitted from Indiana and after a big time performance at a satellite camp in Memphis, Jones' phone is ringing a lot. “I'm talking to Memphis, Mississippi State, Missouri and Indiana is still up there,” Jones said.

“A couple of months ago recruiting started off a little rough but now I'm just living it up.” Given that he rushed into a commitment to Indiana and he just recently decommitted, Jones said he has no timeframe for making a college decision. “I'm not trying to make a big decision right now,” Jones offered.

-VQ

Reactions: 5 people
"As for Carvin’s good friend Cam Jones, the St. Benedict linebacker was the most likely prospect to pop last Saturday, and that didn't happen. Not a real surprise, though. Jones likes the Vols, but according to sources, Missouri is a legit factor with him, too. He is going to Columbia this weekend and a decision is likely coming sooner rather than later after he takes that visit."

-VQ

"As for Carvin’s good friend Cam Jones, the St. Benedict linebacker was the most likely prospect to pop last Saturday, and that didn't happen. Not a real surprise, though. Jones likes the Vols, but according to sources, Missouri is a legit factor with him, too. He is going to Columbia this weekend and a decision is likely coming sooner rather than later after he takes that visit."

-VQ

Not a take right now for us? No way he chooses Mizzou over us, if he's a take.

Looking like Matthew Flint maybe higher on the board than Jones, we need two LBs at least in this class, I would prefer an OLB and a true MLB. I would be good with taking Dingle at MLB unless Peters grades worked out.

Looking like Matthew Flint maybe higher on the board than Jones, we need two LBs at least in this class, I would prefer an OLB and a true MLB. I would be good with taking Dingle at MLB unless Peters grades worked out.

I think we will only take two this class.

i really like Flint. Think he can be very good.

Time for Thig to go IMO. He is dragging butt with his position group both on the field and the recruiting trail.
He once was the ace recruiter and was questionable at position coaching. Now I think he's probably the weakest position coach and hasn't been nearly as good on the recruiting trail.

Reactions: 1 person
I really like the recruiting we've done for the Mike position and the weakside LB position. JRM was so explosive there, Cortez does an ok job but he's just not as fast reacting. DKjr and Ignont are the type of kids we need, I like the look of Reid and a couple of the others. But all that rambling to say I'm also disappointed with the lack of a big LB recruit.

I think he had some other more pressing coaching items to work on. but if it keeps up I would say yes Butch can see it.

Don't need to treat it like Martinez situation and wait til it gets unbearable. CBJ should demand better from his coaches. Im sure he could have squeezed in 1 more. Great coaches would fix it.....quick

Don't need to treat it like Martinez situation and wait til it gets unbearable. CBJ should demand better from his coaches. Im sure he could have squeezed in 1 more. Great coaches would fix it.....quick

worked so well for saban going into the NC

Jones definitely a take. He's just exploring all his options to make sure he makes the right decision. Don't want to commit and then decommit again. Still think UT is in good shape here.

-Simonton

Reactions: 4 people
youre complaining in every thread and dont even know anything about the players. How do you know if hes a project? or are you just staring at a rating? be honest.

It's a point of view. Just because I don't share a brain with the board doesn't make it complaining. I don't care about stars. I look at offer lists and the competition they play. Nothing about this kid screams that he's about to 'blow up' or is one of Butch Jones unearthed jewels that only he and the program knows about. Every year, you guys do this and 'boom' regardless of who commits to the university. I saw someone reference Gavin Bryant. How did he turn out? What about Moseley? Sorry to disappoint the masses but I'm not into blind loyalty.

It's a point of view. Just because I don't share a brain with the board doesn't make it complaining. I don't care about stars. I look at offer lists and the competition they play. Nothing about this kid screams that he's about to 'blow up' or is one of Butch Jones unearthed jewels that only he and the program knows about. Every year, you guys do this and 'boom' regardless of who commits to the university. I saw someone reference Gavin Bryant. How did he turn out? What about Moseley? Sorry to disappoint the masses but I'm not into blind loyalty.
Moseley was definitely a "diamond in the rough...we hope" type of pick up, but Bryant was a 4* by a lot of services who other SEC schools were trying to pull as well.

401 ft...never 400. :nono:
tenor.gif

VN Store

Back