'18 PA JUCO OL Jahmir Johnson (UT signee)

day late boomage

tenor.gif

Meh, it just doesn't carry the same fire power newt. Its like coming into a birthday party a day late screaming happy birthday! The party is over, sorry but your boom is no good now. Try and be here on time next time. :dunno:

Reactions: 2 people
He’s got the frame to easily add 30lbs in the next couple of years and still be athletic. I like it a lot!!!

I saw hs build and immediately thought he looked like a tackle. Makes you wonder what the line is gonna by to look like.

Well hopefully he can stay healthy enough to play so walk -ons don’t have to. Still not getting too excited about jr. college players. So many recently have not contributed significantly if at all.

Twitter

Let’s go vols. Let’s get to work, and shock the 🌎 world in Sept. Let’s lay the lumber down on everyone, and tell the world who our coach is, and who we are.

Reactions: 3 people
Canned Heat said:

Together we stand, divided we fall
Come on now people, let's get on the ball and work together
Come on, come on let's work together, now now people
Because together we will stand, every boy every girl and a man
Before when things go wrong, as they sometimes will
And the road you travel, it stays all uphill
Let's work together, come on, come on, let's work together
You know together we will stand, every boy, girl, woman and a man
Oh well now, two or three minutes, two or three hours
What does it matter now, in this life of ours
Let's work together, come on, come on
Let's work together, now now people
Because together we will stand, every boy, every woman and a man
Oh come on, let's work together
Oh well now, make someone happy, make someone smile,
Let's all work together and make life worthwhile
Let's work together, come on, come on
Let's work together, now now people
Because together we will we stand, every boy, girl, woman and a man
Well now, together we will stand,
Every boy, girl, woman and a man

Songwriters: Wilbert Harrison
Let's Work Together lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC

Reactions: 1 person
after wrapping up his academic obligations at arizona western last week, johnson has been in his hometown of philadelphia getting ready to head to tennessee on may 29 and join the offensive line he studied while watching the vols' spring game last month.

"i watched it couple times," the four-star prospect told govols247 on tuesday night. "i watched it while it was on and i watched it a couple of times on youtube, (trying) to get line reads and stuff like that. There's a lot of improvement from last year.

"everybody is ready. Everybody knows that we've got a new coaching staff and things like that and where we've got to improve with. It just seems like they're buying in, so i'm just ready to get there and buy in as well."

johnson, who said he currently weighs 273 pounds, said he "most likely" will play left tackle for tennessee, and also added that tennessee's coaching staff wants him to add 15-20 pounds to his 6-foot-5 frame this summer so he's weighing around 290 by the time preseason camp arrives.

Reactions: 11 people
I thought he looked kind of slim in his commitment video, but if he’s only 273 right now, I doubt he’s able to contribute this year. Hopefully we stay healthy up front and he can be ready next year.

I thought he looked kind of slim in his commitment video, but if he’s only 273 right now, I doubt he’s able to contribute this year. Hopefully we stay healthy up front and he can be ready next year.

yeah, the next couple months should be brutal for him trying to add that much weight.

I don't think 15 to 20 pounds is unheard of over a summer. I don't think he's gonna be the starter at LT anyway so he likely has more time than just the summer. Also, I think he has 3 years of eligibility left.

Adding 15-20 pounds of weight in 2-3 months is easy. Muscle is another story.

In 60 days, that’s around an 1,100 calorie surplus daily, and water weight accumulated with actual tissue mass. A killer milkshake has that alone.

Depending on his daily energy expenditure, he probably needs about 5,000 calories today to hit that goal.

Would be killer fun

Reactions: 1 person
I don't think 15 to 20 pounds is unheard of over a summer. I don't think he's gonna be the starter at LT anyway so he likely has more time than just the summer. Also, I think he has 3 years of eligibility left.

He's very light for someone projecting at the left tackle position. He'd be better off redshirting and immersing himself in the S&C program. He certainly could put on 15 or 20 pounds (or more) this summer, but assuming he's a natural athelete with no "enhancements", a lot of the weight he'll put on will be fat and his conditioning will be compromised. He's better off working out like a beast in the weightroom, improving speed and agility, focusing on strength gains, ensuring diet and nutrition is on point while maintaining a caloric surplus, and coming into next season a much bigger and well conditioned athlete.

He's very light for someone projecting at the left tackle position. He'd be better off redshirting and immersing himself in the S&C program. He certainly could put on 15 or 20 pounds (or more) this summer, but assuming he's a natural athelete with no "enhancements", a lot of the weight he'll put on will be fat and his conditioning will be compromised. He's better off working out like a beast in the weightroom, improving speed and agility, focusing on strength gains, ensuring diet and nutrition is on point while maintaining a caloric surplus, and coming into next season a much bigger and well conditioned athlete.

I’m betting the staff are more concerned with total weight first, and will plan to recomposition after the season with more time to work with. Depending on his genetics and how long he has been lifting previously, he may put on a really could ratio to begin with.

VN Store

Back