'18 OH RB Tavion Thomas

Thomas is an Oklahoma commit who was supposed to sign during the early signing period. The 3-star from Dunbar, Ohio, held off and will take an official visit to Knoxville at some point.

— SEC Country

Reactions: 7 people
Can he be a 2000 yard rusher at UT, as well?

Maybe, if the coach puts more talented players on the bench and just gives him the ball to boost his stats no matter if others are BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so there is that.
Just in case you are one of those Hurd lovers.....
Hurd is a quitter. QUITTER!!!
the only regret I have with him is that he did not QUIT sooner so we could have had Kamara on the field.

Hurd apologists are like Hillary voters.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Maybe, if the coach puts more talented players on the bench and just gives him the ball to boost his stats no matter if others are BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so there is that.
the only regret I have with him is that he did not QUIT sooner so we could have had Kamara on the field.

I understand your view. And a lot more players quit mostly bc of butch. From everything we've heard....i don't blame any kid walking away from butch

I understand your view. And a lot more players quit mostly bc of butch. From everything, we've heard... I don't blame any kid walking away from butch

And I agree with that as well. Hurd though, the rumblings of entitlement, bad attitude, and selfishness make it hard to feel the same way towards him.

Reactions: 1 person

so there is that.

giphy.gif

Reactions: 7 people
And I agree with that as well. Hurd though, the rumblings of entitlement, bad attitude, and selfishness make it hard to feel the same way towards him.

Don't form opinions about people based on rumblings. Either you know the truth or you don't. Rumblings aren't a reliable source. The world will be okay if you don't have a super intense opinion on the matter.

Don't form opinions about people based on rumblings. Either you know the truth or you don't. Rumblings aren't a reliable source. The world will be okay if you don't have a super intense opinion on the matter.

Agreed. Very well put.

It is fact that Hurd quit.
The events that led to that are what's up in the air for most of us.

Butch Jones should have never been coach at TN. Very untrustworthy and completely void of empathy.

Personally Hurd, has spoiling influences close to him. People that love him, unfortunately have given him terrible advice.

so there is that.

Yeah... I'm sure you would never quit a job if your boss had a pattern of lying to you, right?

Jones was incompetent. People who supported him in spite of it were enablers and they turned on kids like Hurd instead of the guy making $4 million.

Jones never knew how to handle good players. He had two of the best RB's UT has seen in several years and tried to squeeze both of them into "role players" in his "system." He didn't know how to create opportunities for Kamara. He also had no clue how to use Hurd and put him in downhill running opportunities.

Jones likely would have won 5-8 more games and still be UT's coach if he just had the coaching ability to use those two incredibly talented players to at least 75% of their potential. He didn't. He's gone. Good riddance. Too bad he ruined so many careers of talented kids before being fired.

Hillary voters... indeed. Like the ones who blame anyone BUT the liar at the top?

Reactions: 9 people
If I knew that I just needed to hold on for two months to get my dream job, then I would not quit. That was the biggest issue. Was dumb to not just hang in there and go to the NFL.

Reactions: 6 people
Yeah but not during the season. Helm and others did it the right way.

Yea.....but we're talking about 18-22 yr olds, most still have a lot of maturing and learning. And on top of that....many may have been pushed over the edge by butch. Heck many of us fans were done with butch in the middle of 2015 lol

Last edited:
If I knew that I just needed to hold on for two months to get my dream job, then I would not quit. That was the biggest issue. Was dumb to not just hang in there and go to the NFL.

Which is why I refuse to ever believe he had a choice. Always felt like he was kicked off by team captains for quitting during SC game and costing team that game

Yeah...I will form an opinion if I want to. This is a forum on a message board, period. If there were no opinions there would not be a lot going on in here. Thanks for being concerned. I know more of his attitude from his H.S. days. It is easy to see that carried over.

"You know the truth or you don't"

Fact: he quit on his team MIDSEASON / MID GAME.
Who does that?

Why? He wasn't getting his touches or something else he was promised...I am sure we are not the only school that has promised a kid something that they did not get.

What could possibly be an acceptable reason in this situation that would be understood for him leaving the way he did? A reason that is not selfish or entitled?

Anyway, go get back to his twitter / Instagram so you can see a low-quality picture of his dinner and reactions during the game tonight. Enjoy.

He tweeted last night that he received a JuCo offer from East Mississippi. I wonder if he has grade issues?

He tweeted last night that he received a JuCo offer from East Mississippi. I wonder if he has grade issues?

Maybe that's why he didn't sign during the early period. His HS isn't the best in terms of academics, but most kids from Dunbar seem to always qualify for basketball at least.

I have no more knowledge of the situation than everybody else, but my thinking is that Hurd left the team because bis behavior had turned the other players against him. Yes, he was p.o.ed at Butch. But I think the rest of the team was p.o.ed at him, to the point he needed to go.

VN Store

Back