'18 NY RB Ramon Jefferson (Sam Houston State transfer)

Don’t need to name any to make my point valid.
Also.. we may be deep, but are we any good? Did you see last season?

You need a name if you're trying to say "I'd rather take a DL than this specific RB"

There are no DL names in the portal that the staff thinks are worthy of a spot. Until there is, you're speaking in theoreticals.

To be fair simmons was hurt, bumphus comes back who is steady and omari in the second half of the yr looked like one of the best players on the field no matter who we played. After that you have garland, terry, and the two talented young guys west & phillips. I wouldnt be opposed to adding another esp if he can play multiple DL spots. However, i dont think there is anybody out there worth getting right now.

We were 59th in the country in rushing yards allowed giving up about 3.7 yards per attempt, I would consider that decent. The DT’s were young but pretty good overall considering we only lost one from that unit (Butler) and returning everybody else…our secondary on the other hand was not good which is why we picked up some help in the transfer portal and from Juco

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
We were 59th in the country in rushing yards allowed giving up about 3.7 yards per attempt, I would consider that decent. The DT’s were young but pretty good overall considering we only lost one from that unit (Butler) and returning everybody else…our secondary on the other hand was not good which is why we picked up some help in the transfer portal and from Juco

this

esp since we play a million snaps on defense it seems. 3rd down defense is what needs to really improve and i think it will. Pass rush and secondary is what really needs to be better.

We didn’t get to the QB

Hopefully we get lucky and pick up a lock down corner/ grad transfer. I’m currently not seeing anything worth getting in the portal.

Why would we grab more if they weren't worth getting?

Also, your "are they any good" criteria for the ones you want to replace seems to support the question you evaded about the ones you want to get.

Name some in the transfer portal worth getting…also we are 4-5 deep at DT

from a Colorado mod earlier this week:
Hate the be the bearer of bad news but Tennessee has made a run at CU running back transfer commit Ramon Jefferson and given their NIL resources I would be surprised if he does not end up playing for the Volunteers in 2022.

Jefferson signed a grant-in-aid with CU this winter so the Buffaloes were able to announce him. But while a transfer signing a grant-in-aid is binding for the school. it is not binding for the athlete until they enroll. So it is not like when a high school or Junior College prospect signs a national letter of intent and it is binding for both parties. Yet another example of the college football system being poorly set up. This is similar to when quarterback Davis Webb signed a grant-in-aid with CU in 2016 but changed his mind and went to Cal instead.

After he dropped that nugget, their whole board went into meltdown (7+ pages) about the future of CFB and amateurism, etc etc - not necessarily aimed at us, just frustrated with the system. We'd all be in the same boat if it were the other way around and we didn't have Spyre.

They found this thread too and have been reading the comments.

200.gif

Last edited:
from a Colorado mod earlier this week:

After he dropped that nugget, their whole board went into meltdown (7+ pages) about the future of CFB and amateurism, etc etc - not necessarily aimed at us, just frustrated with the system. We'd all be in the same boat if it were the other way around and we didn't have Spyre.

They found this thread too and have been reading the comments.

200.gif
Poor Rado

Yeah and we just needed a RB as well and SEC over PAC 12 all day everyday. So they should also keep in mind where they stand.

VN Store

Back