'18 LA TE Glenn Beal (Texas A&M signee)

* We're hearing more and more Texas A&M scuttle around Glenn Beal. Vols still right in the mix, but adding Alabama to the equation has muddled the waters for Beal. Aggies seem to be trending here.

-Simonton

Reactions: 2 people
SEC Country was told that 3-star John Curtis (New Orleans) tight end Glenn Beal does, in fact, have a committable offer. He will be sent scholarship papers. Whether he chooses to sign them is another story.

Beal is down to Alabama, Florida, LSU, Tennessee and Texas A&M. His last visit was to Tuscaloosa. That’s always a good thing in recruiting because a lot of these recruits are swayed by what they see and hear last.

We’ll see what happens with Beal, but he’s a name to watch come Wednesday. Texas A&M and Tennessee are likely the biggest competitors for Beal right now. There may not be room for him at LSU.

SEC Country was told that 3-star John Curtis (New Orleans) tight end Glenn Beal does, in fact, have a committable offer. He will be sent scholarship papers. Whether he chooses to sign them is another story.

Beal is down to Alabama, Florida, LSU, Tennessee and Texas A&M. His last visit was to Tuscaloosa. That’s always a good thing in recruiting because a lot of these recruits are swayed by what they see and hear last.

We’ll see what happens with Beal, but he’s a name to watch come Wednesday. Texas A&M and Tennessee are likely the biggest competitors for Beal right now. There may not be room for him at LSU.

Commitable offer where? Is this from Bama site?

I thought we were leaning more TE or OL. If its DL I'd rather have Ogbonnia.

c7NJRa2.gif

Reactions: 1 person
Commitable offer where? Is this from Bama site?
Yeah, SEC Country Bama site article. Bama talked to Beal about DL and he said he is very open to playing any position that gives him the best outlook for a future in the NFL. Bama also has a TE on the roster that could move to DL. Bama has enough TEs for now, but is thin on the DL.

Bama DT commit Bobby Brown (TX) visited ATM unofficially this past weekend. Bama flipped Brown from ATM in Dec. Jimbo is trying hard to flip him back. If it happens, I expect Bama will press for Beal. There also may be room to take Beal if Bama misses on OT Petit-Frere, as was predicted in that article.

Idk, which school Beal truly favors, tho on the surface it appears to be ATM. Beal has said ATM, UT, UA are in the mix moreso than LSU, but I think that could change if LSU misses on one of the four that are ahead of him on their board. I like Beal's potential, but hope we land Brown and Petit-Frere.

Beal has big upside potential -- he'll be a really good FB player for who ever gets him, imo.

Last edited:
te glenn beal
the pick: Texas a&m. Tennessee has remained a strong contender down the stretch for the three-star tight end from river ridge, la., who’s a teammate of three-star vols cornerback commitment brandon davis. Beal once named tennessee his leader, but visits to texas a&m, ole miss and alabama last month complicated his decision. The aggies have been the team to beat down the stretch, but it’s still possible the vols could pull off the upset.

VN Store

Back