'18 LA TE Glenn Beal (Texas A&M signee)

OV to UT this weekend...

THE SKINNY: The New Orleans native holds offers from LSU, UF, Alabama and Ole Miss, among others. He was previously scheduled for a visit to Florida this weekend. The 6-foot-5, 250-pound prospect is not an early enrollee and plans to sign in February. Beal could be a defensive line target.

-VQ

Reactions: 1 person
tenor.gif

Reactions: 1 person
[twitter]https://twitter.com/G__beal/status/943647809269649408[/twitter]

[twitter]https://twitter.com/NiedermeyerB/status/943598093748064256[/twitter]

Reactions: 3 people
Is Beal a February guy?

A little more poker this year with the early signing period. There is a few guys waiting for spots.... Williams, Beal and Washington (he didn't sign today) come to mind. You either get in early or you wait. Room is needed for the bigger fish.

I don't think LSU ends up with all of these:
- Williams
- Beal
- Washington
- Pooka

LSU could be at 19-2O by Friday with Marshall, Sustain, Watkins, Joiner, Joseph, and Goodrich on the board.

Keys and Foucha maybe in the same boat as the other 4.

Last edited:
A little more poker this year with the early signing period. There is a few guys waiting for spots.... Williams, Beal and Washington (he didn't sign today) come to mind. You either get in early or you wait. Room is needed for the bigger fish.

I don't think LSU ends up with all of these:
- Williams
- Beal
- Washington
- Pooka

Thoughts on Beal?

I wonder if we would take a 3rd TE

I would probably take Williams over Beal for a defensive role. I think the major hurdle for Williams is he doesn't really have a frame for DE and he doesn't have quite the speed for ILB. Beckwith comes to mind, but Beckwith had some surprising speed. Not sure he quite has the speed to play ILB, idk, its borderline. He could develop into a good player, if you can find the spot - very good athlete for his size.

LSU really likes Williams but man, finding the position especially in a 3-4 might be challenging.

VN Store

Back