'18 GA RB Lyn-J Dixon (Tennessee transfer)

That's always a possibility, though I doubt he's a one and done. Beckwith probably leaves but we bring in Sampson and possibly James or Hayden. If Evans, Jabari and Wright are still here I don't see a use in him with his skillset.
I don’t see us pulling James or Hayden. We will have Evans, Small, and Wright though next season. I guess Lyn-J ends up as the 3rd guy on the depth chart for his last season? Idk

I don’t see us pulling James or Hayden. We will have Evans, Small, and Wright though next season. I guess Lyn-J ends up as the 3rd guy on the depth chart for his last season? Idk
If he's cool with coming in and being the 3rd/ 4th guy, then so be it. I'd just rather use that spot somewhere else. I'd at least rather bring in a big back if we're looking for another RB.

If he's cool with coming in and being the 3rd/ 4th guy, then so be it. I'd just rather use that spot somewhere else. I'd at least rather bring in a big back if we're looking for another RB.

Unless Heupel knows Evans is dead set on going to the NFL then it makes sense.

Wouldn’t be a terrible pick up.

I'd venture to guess he is.
Would you ? With 6 Rbs on a scholly already? He not good. Won’t play here. Maybe maybe with the additional 7 we just got that announced like 2 days ago... but in what right mind would you wast a scholly on him ? That’s just stupid

He's leaving Clemson because of PT.. how will that change at UT? He's not good enough to walk in and be a bell cow with who we have
Jaylen Wright and Marcus Pierce have over 50 combined carries between them. I think we have carries to be earned. I wish we would have had a RB that was Dixon's caliber against Pitt.

If he has to sit next year then I’m fine with it. Have Evans and Small next year. Then after Evans leaves this kid and Small takes over.

He's leaving Clemson because of PT.. how will that change at UT? He's not good enough to walk in and be a bell cow with who we have
Did any of you guys read this thread before the "he's visiting post"‽ Do you watch enough college football to know who this guy is, or do you just watch the Vols? This guy isn't leaving because of playing time. He's gotten plenty of it during his career. He was the #2 behind Travis Etienne (first round draft pick) for 2 whole seasons and started when Etienne was injured. This was his time and they are starting a *5 freshman in front of him (who by multiple accounts didn't have to "win" the job). Also, apparently he was vocal about the situation and they moved him to 3rd string to punish him for a lack of maturity. This is why he's transferring. He has averaged 6.6 yards per carry in his career and shown the ability to be dynamic against some top competition (not just ACC teams). Jabari is already ailing for us, so I have a question. Do you feel confident in our run game if Jabari and Tiyon go down? Because I definitely do not.

Evans is great but I’ve seen nothing from Small or Wright that show me they are anything more than decent depth RBs. Evans is a few steps ahead of both of them. He’s an NFL back, the others haven’t shown that. That being said Wright is young and could be. Need 2 or 3 like Evans. Dixon would be RB2 here and I think would be worth a take, but I’d also like to see who else goes into the portal. We shouldn’t be happy with the RB room until it’s as stacked as UGAs or Bamas where every player is an NFL caliber guy. I genuinely think Sampson is one with how he’s playing currently. But still need a couple more.

Would you ? With 6 Rbs on a scholly already? He not good. Won’t play here. Maybe maybe with the additional 7 we just got that announced like 2 days ago... but in what right mind would you wast a scholly on him ? That’s just stupid
I count 5 returning...
Jabari Small
Tryon Evans - Pro?
Jaylen Wright
Dee Beckwith - Transfer?
Len'Neth Whitehead - Position?

We get 7 extra scholarships that HAVE to be used on transfers. They cannot be used on freshmen.

The idea that Dixon is some scrub is ridiculous. Career numbers: 218 carries, 1420 yds., 13 TDs, 6.5 ypc...20 recs., 190 yds., 1 TD. He isn't a world-beater, necessarily, but with only one RB committed and the potential for us to lose a couple off the current roster, I can see a scenario where one of those 7 extra spots goes to a kid with those kinds of career numbers.

Why has he not been getting playing time? Especially with Shipley being hurt?

I count 5 returning...
Jabari Small
Tryon Evans - Pro?
Jaylen Wright
Dee Beckwith - Transfer?

We get 7 extra scholarships that HAVE to be used on transfers. They cannot be used on freshmen.

The idea that Dixon is some scrub is ridiculous. Career numbers: 218 carries, 1420 yds., 13 TDs, 6.5 ypc...20 recs., 190 yds., 1 TD. He isn't a world-beater, necessarily, but with only one RB committed and the potential for us to lose a couple off the current roster, I can see a scenario where one of those 7 extra spots goes to a kid with those kinds of career numbers.
With the 7 yes as I mentioned above.. but will he ever play... get me a Dl and backers first is all I’m saying. Lyn j didn’t come here once... I’m not for second chances.. these kids are wimps earn your spot. If you get beat out win it back

I count 5 returning...
Jabari Small
Tryon Evans - Pro?
Jaylen Wright
Dee Beckwith - Transfer?

He's not a scrub but most RB's in the country could have decent numbers at Clemson with TLaw at QB. We have 2 Lb's committed. Our two best Lb's are returning and i'm sure we'll grab somebody with college LB experience in the portal, so switching Whitehead likely doesn't happen. You rarely ever see JUCO players play one season and bounce. Evans is good, but he's not Cam Newton good. I'd say there's a 75% he returns. I'd rather see those carries go to Wright and fill those extra spots on the LOS. Doesn't matter who's at RB if we don't have anybody who can block for them.

He's not a scrub but most RB's in the country could have decent numbers at Clemson with TLaw at QB. We have 2 Lb's committed. Our two best Lb's are returning and i'm sure we'll grab somebody with college LB experience in the portal, so switching Whitehead likely doesn't happen. You rarely ever see JUCO players play one season and bounce. Evans is good, but he's not Cam Newton good. I'd say there's a 75% he returns. I'd rather see those carries go to Wright and fill those extra spots on the LOS. Doesn't matter who's at RB if we don't have anybody who can block for them.
I’m not suggesting any of those things WILL happen, but I think any of them could happen.

With the 7 yes as I mentioned above.. but will he ever play... get me a Dl and backers first is all I’m saying. Lyn j didn’t come here once... I’m not for second chances.. these kids are wimps earn your spot. If you get beat out win it back
I mean, I get it…It sounds like you just don’t want him based on your reasoning, and that’s fine, but that’s different than saying we won’t (or shouldn’t) take him.

Reactions: RockyTopTexas
I think this dude could be an immediate contributor honestly. Especially if Tiyon has a huge year and goes pro. But regardless, Heupel likes a rotation of 3 backs. Need 3 back when you average 80 plays. We’re seeing it now with the Smalls injury. Can’t just play Tiyon all game.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Watching his tape, he isn’t super fast, but is a patient runner that hits gaps hard as they develop. He is great at following blockers and rattling off 10+ yard gains. He did have Clemson’s O-line against inferior ACC defenses though, so I wonder what he can do with a mediocre O-line here in the SEC. He’s a take imo.

VN Store

Back