'18 GA RB Lyn-J Dixon (Tennessee transfer)

I don’t want Tennessee to become Transfer U. Dixon isn’t any better than what we have & he’d have to sit a year most likely. I’d rather spend that on someone better for 2021.

Since he didn’t want to help Tennessee get off the floor, he don’t deserve to ride the wave up.
Huh? Dixon is absolutely better than any running back we have on the roster.

This is not true, he wanted to come here and got slow played by Lyle and told he was too small or not SEC caliber as was Etienne. The idiot coach is to blame not the kids. If he truly wants to come he's a take and he'll sit and Chandler is gone and he moves into that spot. Already in a top notch weight program and wiuld be ready to go
Not how I remember it.

He was committed here for 4 months. After committing in June of 2017, he got the Clemson offer in July, and later chose the Tigers that fall when it was apparent that Tennessee was a sinking ship.

He'd most likely have to sit out a year, but I think we have pretty good depth next year anyway.

I don’t want Tennessee to become Transfer U. Dixon isn’t any better than what we have & he’d have to sit a year most likely. I’d rather spend that on someone better for 2021.

Since he didn’t want to help Tennessee get off the floor, he don’t deserve to ride the wave up.
Not wanting Tennessee to become TransferU is the worst mindset you can have when rebuilding a program. Evaluate what you can..take what you want

Not how I remember it.

He was committed here for 4 months. After committing in June of 2017, he got the Clemson offer in July, and later chose the Tigers that fall when it was apparent that Tennessee was a sinking ship.

He was committed and was being slow played. He hadn't heard from UT for a while. Clemson offered and then he bounced. Can't blame a kid for bush league recruiting by a shade tree coach

....Dixon is a special runner.
Gray is the best RB right now.

Similar backs. Both have much better vision than our 2 SRs...
Hard to evaluate RBs in our offense because when our QB is off, it’s hard to run. Etienne and Dixon are running against nickel defenses with safeties back to prevent getting lit up by Lawrence.

Dixon would be a great addition.

I liked his film a lot and didn’t understand why Butch thought he was too small for a RB.
Why did he heavily recruit and accept his commitment? You sure you didn’t mean Pruitt?

So why is he leaving, looks like he’s getting opportunities to play?

Don't know. My guess is he expected Etienne to leave. He returning and they've likely recruited a couple of studs at the position. Here he can be the man. I'd welcome him with open arms. Just bring Brice as well.

Why did he heavily recruit and accept his commitment? You sure you didn’t mean Pruitt?
4649630.png

October 14, 2017: Decommit

Lyn-J Dixon decommits from Tennessee Volunteers

left about a month before Butch was fired

Reactions: KBVol
Not wanting Tennessee to become TransferU is the worst mindset you can have when rebuilding a program. Evaluate what you can..take what you want

I have no problem taking a transfer or two to fill holes in a roster especially a grad transfer who can play immediately. But taking a number of kids who are unhappy cause they got recruited over ISNT the way you build a championship program IMO. Yes, 3 of the 4 CFP teams had transfer QBs. 2 were grad transfers that filled immediate needs at QB, that played immediately and Fields got an underserved waiver. Those will be harder to get in the future IMO.

The roster desperately needed Solomon in the preseason. Not so much by mid season. TN had the luxury at WR to RS Gibbs this year cause they need WRs next yr. I cut Mays slack because of the complete shitshow Jones last year here was.

I’d rather sign a HS kid who may play as a freshMan & 4 yrs most likely or RS that a soph or jr who has to RS. Plus. I’ve never considered Tennessee a “fall back option” program but I guess some of you do.

VN Store

Back