'18 GA RB Lyn-J Dixon (Tennessee transfer)

Motivation is key. Evidently many kids didn't feel motivated at WVU this off-season. So I won't pay that much mind.

At Clemson that seems to have been just Dabo being a douche. Dixon was a good compliment to Travis E, and then was set to be the main guy but then Dabo talked Travis into playing one more year.

Marcus Bowman- a 5 star back from Florida also left. Possibly for similar reasons ad Dixon. Dabo just not letting them shine. Not wanting them to shine.

Something tells me Dixon won't have a problem climbing the depth chart and will be happy to do so.
Because he wants to prove himself. He waited for 3 years and Dabo straight up sidelined him for a freshman. A very good freshman, but one that I don't think is any more talented than Dixon, plus he was 3 years younger.

Some folks will say "well what about our boys that have been here putting in the work?" Well, he has to put in work too. And the freshman really haven't been here much longer than him. Wright's not even practicing yet. I'll give it two weeks, and Dixon will be either 1 or 1a
I think he'll be a nice complimentary piece to Jabari to go along with Wright until the freshmen get acclimated. He's insurance. I don't see Jabari and Jaylen not missing any time this season unless you have a competent 3rd guy. This offense really requires at least 3 capable running backs to run at optimal efficiency all season.

I think he'll be a nice complimentary piece to Jabari to go along with Wright until the freshmen get acclimated. He's insurance. I don't see Jabari and Jaylen not missing any time this season unless you have a competent 3rd guy. This offense really requires at least 3 capable running backs to run at optimal efficiency all season.

Jabari isn't a "powerback" but he does really good work between the tackles when healthy. Downhill he's pretty decent.
Dixon can bend the corner and really pick up big chunks. He's a legit homerun threat and he's going to take a lot of pressure off that RB room

Are you suggesting we should have tied him up or hid his keys or what?

I'm sure the staff didn't come to him and tell him to get lost. If he doesn't fit in with the team and doesn't want to be here, what is anyone supposed to do about that?
Where did you get that from what I said? As a fan I’m not going to try and disparage a kid when he leaves to make myself feel better, especially when it is absolutely a major loss. W/out question he was the most talented Rob on the team.

We don’t know what went on behind scenes. Could the staff have mishandled something? Who knows. Could something have been done to keep him here? Will never know. This crap happens on real life all the time, and in man cases, compromise is made, conversations happen. I’ve been in the same job for 24 years, you think there haven’t been days I wanted to pack up my crap and leave??

Chuck Webb was eccentric and didn’t fit in. Is that where we are as a team? Want to talk about w centric and didn’t fit in, Albert Haynesworth. Guy was a complete weirdo, but I can’t see anyone just shrugging it off had he left the program under similar conditions.

We aren’t talking about kids who just show up out of the blue. They visit, they see the area, and meet the team. Evans was thriving in this offense with his YPC and that wasn’t even being 100%.
Different eras different options. Webb and Haynesworth with today’s portal? Might rival Middleton in jumping through it. As far as the bolded, both coaches and fanbases have adjusted to eventualities. Not so much “shrugging it off” as not letting it bog us down.

Interesting that he has 2 years of eligibility. If he is smart he uses this year to get his feet wet in system with a focus on next yr being a impact. As Swain said yesterday he shouldn’t have any expectation of being a one and done as nfl will need to see more than a year to forget about his very public Clemson red flags

Interesting that he has 2 years of eligibility. If he is smart he uses this year to get his feet wet in system with a focus on next yr being a impact. As Swain said yesterday he shouldn’t have any expectation of being a one and done as nfl will need to see more than a year to forget about his very public Clemson red flags
Guy better work like heck before then. Seldon will come in dropping bombs over Baghdad next year.

Different eras different options. Webb and Haynesworth with today’s portal? Might rival Middleton in jumping through it. As far as the bolded, both coaches and fanbases have adjusted to eventualities. Not so much “shrugging it off” as not letting it bog us down.
It will be interesting to see. The time will come when an Al Wilson or Peyton type will up and leave and we’ll see how adjusted we are.

Guy better work like heck before then. Seldon will come in dropping bombs over Baghdad next year.
This will need to be his big year. The competition in the room will only be that much tougher next season. I expect JWT and Dylan Sampson to make huge leaps over the course of this season. They both are talented, intelligent, and have tremendous work ethic. They will put some stuff in with Seldon eventually (next season) , but they'll focus on him as a receiver primarily at first.

Chuck Webb was eccentric and didn’t fit in. Is that where we are as a team? Want to talk about w centric and didn’t fit in, Albert Haynesworth. Guy was a complete weirdo, but I can’t see anyone just shrugging it off had he left the program under similar conditions.

We aren’t talking about kids who just show up out of the blue. They visit, they see the area, and meet the team. Evans was thriving in this offense with his YPC and that wasn’t even being 100%.
Haynesworth is one of the most overrated Vols ever…….:eek:
There. I said it.

Reactions: butchna
Jabari isn't a "powerback" but he does really good work between the tackles when healthy. Downhill he's pretty decent.
Dixon can bend the corner and really pick up big chunks. He's a legit homerun threat and he's going to take a lot of pressure off that RB room

I know this sounds crazy but without a true power back , use Milton like Florida did Tebow in short yardage situations.

From UTK directory it looks like he officially left last December. Maybe he graduated. The internet doesn't seem to know. Like a ghost.
I think JJ was like the acupuncturist that Big Pussy got hooked up with in The Sopranos when he went down to Puerto Rico. Or like Charlie Sollers from The Wire

I know this sounds crazy but without a true power back , use Milton like Florida did Tebow in short yardage situations.
The most logical player would be Aaron Beasley since he played RB in HS. Being able to keep Beckwith around and use him like Trey Burton would’ve been nice too, but something had to be off about him if Heupel wasn’t able to find ways to use him

I think the need for a “short yardage” back is overblown. If you’re needing someone to drive back a linebacker it’s probably already too late. You need your o-line to block up front and a ball carrier who can hit the gap before it closes. Big guys who are a true guaranteed 2-3 yards are few and far between. How many Jerome Bettis’s and Mike Alstott’s are there in the NFL today?

The most logical player would be Aaron Beasley since he played RB in HS. Being able to keep Beckwith around and use him like Trey Burton would’ve been nice too, but something had to be off about him if Heupel wasn’t able to find ways to use him
If you were to go that route then Jeremy Banks is the better option. He was bringing the pain as a freshman before being moved to defense. He just had fumbling issues.

I think the need for a “short yardage” back is overblown. If you’re needing someone to drive back a linebacker it’s probably already too late. You need your o-line to block up front and a ball carrier who can hit the gap before it closes. Big guys who are a true guaranteed 2-3 yards are few and far between. How many Jerome Bettis’s and Mike Alstott’s are there in the NFL today?
I agree with the exception of goal line situations, but even then they should work at going under center and use someone as a full back.

100%

Quick, short guys are actually better, per research.

We were also better last year at gaining 1st downs on 3rd-and-short situations than Bama or UGA, or any year under Pruitt.

VN Store

Back