'18 GA RB Lyn-J Dixon (Tennessee transfer)

So you agree with me then? I never said players can’t be good players. Or even great players. In fact, I said good players can still fall short in important times depending on the situation. The conversation is if it is 4th and 1 from the one, would you rather have Milton or Hooker run it in? I’m choosing Hooker 100 times out of 100. I would chose Hooker over Peyton. Milton and Peyton don’t like contact. Peyton is the GOAt but it doesn’t take away that if it’s one yard to score and I have to chose a QB for the win and have someone run it in, I’m choosing Hooker over both because he doesn’t shy from contact and will take the beating to win.

I remember a recent QB taking it upon himself to sneak in from near the goal line against Alabama instead of running the designed play and flipping the ball out to an RB that would've walked into the end-zone.

Guarantano for the WIN !! oops. 'Tano was a physically tough cookie but...

nevermind, still hurts too much but here we are

Last edited:
Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
You cannot change a persons competitive makeup year to year. If someone doesn’t like contact, that usually will not change. You can tell players on the field who leave it all out there and will die for a win. Then you can see who want to win but won’t do everything on their power to win. That is just a persons competitive makeup. I played in college and I could spot weak mental players early. Doesn’t mean they are bad players, but they weren’t changing their mental competitiveness.
Untrue in some cases. I am the perfect example. As a 135 lb sophomore on my HS football team I was getting beat down daily by older larger guys during August two a days and thus was shying away from contact to protect my body. One day about a week in , I decided I was tired of this sh#t and told my Dad I was going to be more aggressive. Started making plays and I learned I was not getting beat down like I was before. Any player can decide the same. You never know for sure.

Untrue in some cases. I am the perfect example. As a 135 lb sophomore on my HS football team I was getting beat down daily by older larger guys during August two a days and thus was shying away from contact to protect my body. One day about a week in , I decided I was tired of this sh#t and told my Dad I was going to be more aggressive. Started making plays and I learned I was not getting beat down like I was before. Any player can decide the same. You never know for sure.
While true, I believe that is more likely the exception than the norm. Obviously you can’t say that about everyone, but you can pick up on someone’s drive and aggressiveness pretty quick when playing sports. I always knew the people I didn’t want any part of on a 50/50 ball and others I knew I could easily win with some effort.

I remember a recent QB taking it upon himself to sneak in from near the goal line against Alabama instead of running the designed play and flipping the ball out to a RB that would've walked into the end-zone.

Guarantano for the WIN !! oops. 'Tano was a physically tough cookie but...

nevermind, still hurts too much but here we are
I was done with JG in that moment. I couldn’t believe Pruitt let him play again.

In his defense, there's a good chance he was coached to do that. They coaches' big complaint on Hooker has been that he does NOT do that, and interviews indicate that they have coached him to take less contact and protect his availability.

It's more than that. You can just tell when someone is timid. He didn't slide, he just kinda fell backwards or something. He would slow up considerably which would limit him severely from gaining yards. You have to watch it to see what I'm talking about

These guys have bought in to the culture CH has put in place. I guarantee some like Jeremy Banks, along with a few other guys, won't let someone come in to this house and disrupt what they are building...
I don't think this kid wants to disrupt the culture here. Sometimes college coaches take the fun out of football for kids. That's one of the major differences with this program under CJH. You had a change in his position coach at Clemson that resulted in a major clash in personalities. Then there was a lot of smoke about West Virginia being a major cluster f@#*. A lot of guys got the hell out of there. This is just speculation on my part, but I don't think Dixon was enjoying football anymore. I don't think that will be the case here. College football is serious business but it's important for it to still be enjoyable for the kids.

Exactly and fwiw I hope Joe Milton proves all his doubters wrong, myself included….I just hope he isn’t forced to do it this season.
If he proves it THIS SEASON it wouldn’t bode well for Hooker’s health and/or performance…not a good thing for our fortune imo.

I don't think this kid wants to disrupt the culture here. Sometimes college coaches take the fun out of football for kids. That's one of the major differences with this program under CJH. You had a change in his position coach at Clemson that resulted in a major clash in personalities. Then there was a lot of smoke about West Virginia being a major cluster f@#*. A lot of guys got the hell out of there. This is just speculation on my part, but I don't think Dixon was enjoying football anymore. I don't think that will be the case here. College football is serious business but it's important for it to still be enjoyable for the kids.
Great Post

So Lyn-J has immediate eligibility no question and we’re having to fight for Bru. What’s the wrinkle in Bru’s case holding him up is the biggest question.

bigl donned his helmet for the scrimmage! Pads are popping! Kickoff is near. 😂 GBO!

Reactions: bigl3327

VN Store

Back